Wanted : Eliptrac 400

hum4god

20 minutes ago, richieb said:

AudioGon?

The first major online site devoted to used hifi gear beginning about twenty years ago. The major force in this segment until USaudiomart launched several years ago.

You mean that site that we and every other audio lover all visited every day and loved and bought gear on all the time until the guy's son took over and destroyed it in the matter of one month and after that  have never bought another piece of gear and have not been on there for like ten years?  That AudioGON?

Never heard of it... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, richieb said:

Never heard the founders son took over and ran it aground? I heard it was sold and the new owners managed to “fix” something that wasn’t broken — . US audio saw that opportunity and has eaten their lunch since -

I seem to remember that in about 2010 the owner's son took over or got involved and decided to start charging fees more like eBay. They may have sold since then.  

23 hours ago, babadono said:

Can't you still buy the kit/pieces? Last time I communicated with GotHover he said he put more steps/ridges in the CNC cuts so sanding was a lot easier.

May have to go with commercially available 1.4 to 2 inch adapter. Somebody has to make them.

@hum4god  try gothover@aol.com

you are right , Dave Harris is still offering them in kit form, i emailed him at  fastlaneaudio@aol.com  .

i will wait a moment perhaps a used pair comes up .

you guys are funny about "audiogon"  , i just tried to provide a reference with seller/buyer feedback .

i can also provide ebay feedback lol.

I use Eliptracs but mine are 2 inch. Keeping mine but maybe if you could use the larger driver you might find your horns quicker. I use the older JBL 2482 drivers. Jammin’ Jersey in Southern California should have these drivers and other options. Last I looked there they had a pair of JBL 2480 drivers that are pretty rare. Bruce Edgar said the JBL 2480’s were ideal for Khorn midrange purposes. I could not find any when I was in the building mode.

8 hours ago, hum4god said:

you guys are funny about "audiogon"  , i just tried to provide a reference with seller/buyer feedback .

i can also provide ebay feedback lol.

stick Around ,  we're just having fun ,