SOLD: NOS Valves VRD Stereo amplifier

Breakdown7

NOS Valves VRD Stereo amplifier for sale in good condition. Great sounding amp, for those unfamiliar.  45 watts/channel ultra-linear and 30 watts/channel in triode.  It is switchable on the fly with toggle switches just behind the outside small signal tubes. The previous owner labeled the tube positions with a label maker, and I decided to leave them.  They will easily peel off if you so desire.  I am including a new quad of Electro-Harmonix KT-88's with about 20 hours on them. The rectifiers are new production Ruby 5AR4's, the 12AU7's are JJ's and the 12AX7's are Electro-Harmonix.  I do have a copy of the manual.  The last pic shows a couple dings on the transformer covers behind where the output tubes sit. SOLD

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning guys.  Thanks to fellow members for adding some details in the comments.  I listed this for sale late last night; I should have put the details in the listing for those unfamiliar.  I'll do that now...

The amp is rated at 45 watts/channel ultra-linear and 30 watts/channel in triode.  It is indeed switchable on the fly with toggle switches just behind the outside small signal 12AU7 tubes.  If you look closely at the last picture you will see the switches.  Let me know if you have further questions.  

16 minutes ago, Jeepnmon said:

Anyone used this Amp with La Scala's? I'm considering it...

It would be my first tube Amp. Is it too much for a tube newb like me?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I used one with Belles. Easy amp to bias as long as you have meter and can read it.

3 hours ago, Jeepnmon said:

Anyone used this Amp with La Scala's? I'm considering it...

It would be my first tube Amp. Is it too much for a tube newb like me?

It's the perfect first amp for you... it may be the last amp for you also

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...