Heritage speaker Grills- What Color are They?

RLink

Interested in Cornwall 4's in Black Ash but the new grill looks almost silver versus the American Walnut looks to have a softer tone almost golden in color.  Same question applies to the Heresy 4's.

Thanks for any assistance with this.

• Like 1

I have Heresy IVs. The grill in real world lighting is overall  black with both straw yellow or gold and white or silver highlights depending on the color temperature and angle of the light. Sophisticated looking I’d say with the Walnut veneer. 

• Like 1

If somebody figures out what color they are, let me know, because I can't tell.  It seems to depend on the room lighting and the angular relationships of observer to speaker and light source.  Sometimes they look silver, sometimes gold, sometimes they appear to sag, sometimes they look like somebody just threw water on them...crazy.  Or maybe I'm crazy.  Makes me long for good old, basic black.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its really sharp looking.  Pictures DO NOT do it justice.   It looks great ,  the contrast looks great with all colors

Just received Forte IV in Natural Cherry and they have a great vintage look to them, classy color combo.  Apparently they addressed the grill sag,  mine are perfect.    Veneer ?   Perfection....much better finish than my H 3

• Like 1

My grilles (cornwall IV's) finally had to be taken off permanently as I could not stand the saggy, funky appearance any longer.  I'm not crazy about grille-less either.  I would not have bought the speakers if I had seen them first. That's a down-side of buying sight-unseen over the internet.  Mine were B-stock but the dealer said the only flaw was scuffs on the outer box.  I'm starting to think that maybe the grilles were the real reason for the B-stock designation.  Maybe he didn't know either.