Jubilee question for Roy

ClaudeJ1

• Klipsch Employees
On 1/26/2021 at 12:56 PM, seti said:

You need to go back and read these threads and watch the video..... This Jubilee is the culmination of what PWK and Roy thought was possible. PWK is in the Jubilee but it would never have happened without Roy carrying these PWK principles of design forward. I wish PWK could see and hear Roy's latest designs...

I also wish that......

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Let me ask you some questions. Do you think that Mr K had nothing to do with tractrix? With steep slope networks? With wide dispersion phase plugs?  With the horn loaded vented system?  

I believe this is referred to as a “leading question” - making it an easy answer. (To all the above - yes he did).

• Klipsch Employees
2 hours ago, bracurrie said:

I will speculate thus:

Klipsch is a big company that struggles(as all companies do) to show sales and earnings growth. Heritage operations in Hope have added to sales and earnings growth with the improvements to the old classic products driven by the team in Hope led by RD. With the credibility gained by that success and probably some help with other non-Heritage designs RD probably had the 75th anniversary in mind quite some time ago. It's a well timed launch point for all the improvements contemplated for the Jubilee from the time RD and PWK worked together through the work the RD led Heritage team has done with the design. After watching the video interviews of RD I sense a "life's work" level of excitement from RD.  And corporate probably couldn't be happier with the credibility of Heritage and the history of PWK supporting the all important financial performance of the Klipsch brand of products. Well played RD.

Thanks for being attentive. Yes. Everything you said is true. There will be a Klipsch listening session on the jub. Don’t know the date yet. But I hope to finally dispel the false assumptions and verify the truth about what Mr K and I talked about. Whether people like it or not, I have a very good understanding of what Mr K was looking forward to doing. He just ran out of time......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Let me ask you some questions. Do you think that Mr K had nothing to do with tractrix? With steep slope networks? With wide dispersion phase plugs?  With the horn loaded vented system?  

Not at all. We have all learned more and more about PWK through you, after all, I only read his papers, owned his products since I was a kid, and only spent one day with him 36 years ago. But even then, I went home feeling like I had been treated like a long lost grand son in that short amount of time (he was born the same year as my Grandmother who lived to 104).

I'm pretty sure he would have, effectively, adopted you as a grand son as well, to pass on all kinds of things forward in his company and to the rest of us, regardless of future ownership.

So, perhaps you feel that, with only my ignorance of your personal history with Paul, I'm effectively giving you more credit than you want. After all, you have done all the "grunt work" R&D on so many current products, right?

I do recall his support and approval of John Pope's PhD thesis on Tractrix vs. Exponential midrange horns using EV DH1a drivers, the fact that he actually may have met Paul Voigt at some point and had some of his horns in the museum (measured or not?). I recall seeing steep sloped tweeter section of a Khorn, that he appeared a bit surprised about when Jim Hunter showed me what he had done back then. PWK also showed me a complete Hi Fi system from Bell Labs dated 1926, which was very cool to know. He also got a big grin on his face when I pointed out my awareness of the FACT that he used a 4th Order filter analogy in his paper describing the Cornwall in 1958, a full 13 years before the AES published Neville Thiele's famous Bass Reflex Alignment chart. He was also the reason why I joined the AES in my 20's. So I am not surprised to have learned from you that he was starting to play with steep slope networks. And yes, I can also see that there's a secondary phase plug on the new Jubilee Driver that I'm guessing improves the dispersion of the treble from 8-16 Kz. in the (new?) K-402.

So YES would be my answer to all your questions, which are more like answers for those of us who cared to know the subtleties of your work going back beyond the last 19 years of your Klipsch life without him!

If one is required, I apologize for giving you more credit than you wanted, but totally deserve either way. Your good works are self evident, regardless of whether or not they were ever discussed over 20 years ago!

• 1 month later...