Gluing the Nameplate on Grill Cloth

Pondoro

My super old Heresy speakers came without grills. I bought cloth from Crites and made grill boards from Masonite. I have now installed cloth on one board. I have reproduction metal Heresy badges. What is the best glue to put them on the grill cloth?

Thanks

• Like 1

Have you thought about gluing some pieces of metal like for earings...then just push through the grill and put little earing clasps on it to secure. By doing it this way you do not damage the grills other than 1 or 2 small holes.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NBPK402 said:

Have you thought about gluing some pieces of metal like for earings...then just push through the grill and put little earing clasps on it to secure. By doing it this way you do not damage the grills other than 1 or 2 small holes.

I love that! They will actually make no holes at all, the pins will pass between the fibers of the cloth.

• Like 1

You might even be able to solder or braze the pins on....it would be like a name tag plate is.

You might even be able to get some thin nameplares and use some kind of glue and just glue it to the plates...it might be easier if you can find name plates thin enough.

1 hour ago, Pondoro said:

My super old Heresy speakers came without grills. I bought cloth from Crites and made grill boards from Masonite. I have now installed cloth on one board. I have reproduction metal Heresy badges. What is the best glue to put them on the grill cloth?

Thanks

-the factory Pie Badges came with a peel off 3M double sided tape -

• Like 1