Pioneer SC-05

Micklipsch

• 2 weeks later...

How's it going?

I bought an sc-05 and an oppo bdp-103 from a local guy for $250 about a year ago... thinking I would update my old pioneer to one that has hdmi.  The player worked perfectly, the Pioneer not so much.  I ended up doing a reset on the Pioneer and it worked fine.  Sold it for $200 because they are very picky and go into default quite often.   I decided to stick with my old vsx 56txi for my living room system that I purchased used for $500 about a decade ago!

You'll have to let us know what you think of your SC-57.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

How's it going?

I bought an sc-05 and an oppo bdp-103 from a local guy for $250 about a year ago... thinking I would update my old pioneer to one that has hdmi.  The player worked perfectly, the Pioneer not so much.  I ended up doing a reset on the Pioneer and it worked fine.  Sold it for $200 because they are very picky and go into default quite often.   I decided to stick with my old vsx 56txi for my living room system that I purchased used for $500 about a decade ago!

You'll have to let us know what you think of your SC-57.

Heya! Going great, thanks. Hope you’re all the same. 

I was actually about to go with a VSX-84TXSi on recommendation from my uncle who said it was a great AVR. I ended up wanting some extra tech including app control built in so I found those Pioneer flagship models of around a decade ago checked all the boxes I needed for this particular room, and none of the stuff I didn’t, namely Atmos and 4K pass thru. Scored it for $450 shipped (original MSRP $2,100), lightly used and cosmetically perfect. There was a NIB one but the guy was expecting close to a grand for it. (GLWS...)

It’s due in from Washington by middle of next week. I’ll definitely report back initial findings after running the setup. Confident it’ll perform more than fine for my intentions, but I’ll still probably end up doing a separate 2 channel for the Epics, or even a 3 channel for them and the center. What’s another $200, right, Emotiva? :P