SCTV or SNL?

BigStewMan

Joe Flaherty is so cool.   He played a priest in the sitcom King of Queens. 

SCTV had some great comedic talent ... Eugene Levy, Joe Flaherty, John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Andrea Martin, Rick Moranis, Martin Short, the late Harold Ramis ... but you knew all that already. Great comedy!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yep.  Avg 173 which is about the norm for me.

averaged over 200 for many years when I was bowling regularly. But, I'll tell you, when they switched from wood to synthetic lanes -- that hurt me bad. I was really struggling. But that was the time that my marriage was falling apart and I quit bowling, so unsure if I would have ever made the adjustment to the new conditions. 

I may be the only person that you know that bowled a 299 and the only pin I didn't knock down was the head pin. Still got the ring though. after burying 11 in the pocket, I threw the 12th shot out wide and didn't put anything on it ... told myself to relax; but relaxed too much and the ball didn't make it back to the pocket. had the fence, then the 10 fell into the six then the three fell ... but not the head pin. 

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm also a huge curling fan!  SCTV and curling for a guy that grew up in Los Angeles ... not bad, eh?

You’re doing great, eh! I hearby crown you an honorary hoser! 

Every Canadian has the right to bestow the honor of hoserism upon foreigners. It’s like a knighting ceremony but with more beer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Derrick said:

You’re doing great, eh! I hearby crown you an honorary hoser! 

Every Canadian has the right to bestow the honor of hoserism upon foreigners. It’s like a knighting ceremony but with more beer. 

I'm honored.  oh yeah, Molson Canadian is my beer of choice. and the maple cookie is my favorite.  I wonder if I was born in Canada and my parents just told me California? 

25 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm honored.  oh yeah, Molson Canadian is my beer of choice. and the maple cookie is my favorite.  I wonder if I was born in Canada and my parents just told me California? 

I was thinking the same thing. You weren’t born on May 2-4 were you? 

Canadian is a solid beer. My go-to since I was a kid.

I’ve been to California many times. Love the northern part of the state. Beautiful. 

• Like 1

born in the shadow of the Oakland Collesium; but lived most of my life in Los Angeles. 

I used to go back and forth between Canadian and Moosehead; but finally settled on Canadian ... actually in the USA way back when, it was called Molson Golden. Imagine it's the same stuff as the Molson Canadian. Haven't had a LaBatt's for a long while; but I think it was okay if I remember correctly. 

would love to spend some time up there; but can you do anything about the cold weather? 

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

averaged over 200 for many years when I was bowling regularly. But, I'll tell you, when they switched from wood to synthetic lanes -- that hurt me bad. I was really struggling. But that was the time that my marriage was falling apart and I quit bowling, so unsure if I would have ever made the adjustment to the new conditions. 

I may be the only person that you know that bowled a 299 and the only pin I didn't knock down was the head pin. Still got the ring though. after burying 11 in the pocket, I threw the 12th shot out wide and didn't put anything on it ... told myself to relax; but relaxed too much and the ball didn't make it back to the pocket. had the fence, then the 10 fell into the six then the three fell ... but not the head pin. 

1 had a 279 this year due to a 9 spare in the 3rd frame.  I am by far the worst bowler on our 5 man team.  Our anchor found out yesterday that he'll be inducted into the PBA hall of fame this year.  I think they keep me around to have something to chuckle at.

• Like 1