Vintage Receiver or New Integrated Amplifier for La Scala's?

Peacemaker

I know I'm a little late on this topic ,but I  had to respond to this topic!! Your klipsch La Scalas are a beautiful  speaker that's very easy to run with almost any amp ,! With that said ,what makes your La Scalas sound magical is Tube power !! Klipsch La Scalas with tubes is a match made in heaven "period " you will not be disappointed at all...... I pr my Las Scalas with my Mac 275 iconic tube amp ....... Go find a nice tube amp in your buget and enjoy 

On 1/28/2021 at 2:59 PM, Bubo said:

PS

LaScalas are forever

Instead of buying a car cash, I purchased LaScalas in 1980

5 cars, 3 houses, bunch of girlfriends, and one wife........ all gone

The LaScalas are still with me.......

Best quote ever ?

Just want to give everyone an update a couple of things I've done since my original post.

After some of the suggestions in this thread, I purchased a Muzishare X7 integrated amplifier about a month ago through Amazon and used it for two days before one of the tubes began "red plating", which is a new term for me. I switched tubes and concluded the problem was in the socket. Ended up sending it back to Amazon for a refund. Didn't really have it long enough to do any listening or comparisons. 

Based upon some of the comments here about McIntosh, I went to a local McIntosh dealer to listen to a McIntosh 275 tube amplifier. After a bit of listening they offered to let me demo the unit at home on my La Scalas. For the past five days my wife and I have been comparing it to both my Sansui G-33000 receiver and Sansui CA/BA 2000 separates, listening to a wide range of artists and music. So far, my preliminary observations are that the 275 definitely sounds different than either of the Sanusi units with the La Scalas. I'd describe it as not as forward or detailed, and it seems to soften the overall sound. This was with jazz, rock etc. I also want to say the Sansui's seem to handle the transients in some of my faster paced music better. I'm not sure if these descriptions make sense but these are the words that came to my mind to explain what I thought I was hearing. Is this the "tube sound" that I've read about?

By way of background, I've never heard a tube amplifier and have never done a comparison like this before. Any comments or suggestions for additional comparisons, or to just help me understand the differences in what I'm hearing are very welcome. Thanks!

I was in the same boat and after trying several vintage receivers that sounded really good, I settled on the 300B Boyuurange A50. Sounds fantastic. Depth and reach are stunning. Also, the vast number of 300b tubes available now are shocking. So I upgraded the tubes to a more high-end spec and the sound got even soother and more balanced. I actually run a 3ch system of La Scala, and my mid channel is a 2A3 monoblock by Tube Fantasy. Fantastic sound there as well, and they play perfect with each other. Journey over for speakers and amps. 

First let me say #1)tubes and klipsch La Scalas sound very magical. #2)The Macintosh MC275 iconic tube amp , Has been in existence since 1961 obviously there are changes since then i e speaker terminals power cord etc. etc. but the base of the iconic Mac 275 has not change. You’d be hard-pressed to find something that sounds better! I get it they’re very expensive and you can usually get a used one at about half the price of a new one or even less. when you hooked up your La Scala‘s what was your friend was it solid state or was that tube also? There’s a lot of rule of thought regarding how to get the tube sound without breaking the bank. One way is get a nice solid-state a.m. and get a tube Preamp .... save you a little money powers very expensive if it’s tube and you still get that tubes out from the preamp there may be ones out there that don’t agree with me and that’s fine this is all subject to your taste. I’m sorry your first purchase with Amazon regarding a tube amp didn’t go well, but a dealership was nice enough to allow you to audition a Mac MC 275. To get that amps Full experience with your speakers you would need a tube preamp, with that said if you would have a tube preamp then you’re comparing apples to apples oranges to oranges solid-state to tube. Not all people like the sound of tube they sound very warm you get the feeling of the instruments they’re not harsh they’re not sterile in the way they reproduce the music they have a lot of warmth and nuances as if it was a live concert.... good luck on your journey regarding Finding a good integrated receiver/amplifier.Enjoy the video my friend 

Has anyone took the leap and tried one of these cheap Chinese tub amps?  Sure, they're not going to stack up against the stalwarts, but if money is tight they may be worth it.  I would only be interested in the amplifier section and not the preamp.

https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Amplifier-Single-Ended-Headphone-Handcrafted/dp/B076CC92BX/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1PDAHX8Z4QPPP&dchild=1&keywords=single+ended+triode+amplifier&qid=1616188022&sprefix=single+ended+triode%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-2