What do you collect?

juniper

My girlfriend/wife is a very serious collector of a specific Mattel Hot Wheels model called a "Drag Bus". Most are either Hot Wheels Convention pieces or custom made by a few talented artists around the world with many that are One of One's. So far, there are over 1,500 busses on display alone and I have no idea how many are in storage.

She is in the Die Cast Hall of Fame (2013) and is known as The Drag Bus Queen or The Cupcake Lady (she brings them to shows to sell out of the hotel room). 

IMG_20210712_001701.jpg

IMG_20210712_001630.jpg

IMG_20210712_001550.jpg

• Like 3

Not sure if I am collecting or hording.  I have all of my old toys from the late 80s and early 90s.  Lots of Legos that if I never opened 2 of the sets, they would be worth around $1500 each, Hot Wheels, TMNT, and G.I. Joes.  My wife and I started talking about this a bit yesterday when she had seen someone turn an old Castle Grayskull into a beer tap.   At what point do we come to the conclusion that collecting only takes up space?  Sure they could be worth money someday, but If I never sell, then what's the point?

As I am a very indecisive person, I have an tendency to want to be a collector of every hobby I dabble in.  

• Like 2

Collectors, or players: Fender to reissue the Kurt Cobain-designed Jag-Stang guitar to mark the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s Nevermind

MIM

side note: Fender’s EVP of Sales :"2020 ended up being the best year in [Fender’s] history with record sales of over $700 million, up 17% from 2019.”

Fender reissue the Kurt Cobain-designed Jag-Stang guitar to mark the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s Nevermind | Louder (loudersound.com)

Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang Electric Guitar - Sonic Blue with Rosewood Fingerboard | Sweetwater

Never mind the imitators: Fender's Jag-Stang Electric Guitar delivers the highly sought-after tones of Kurt Cobain! Modeled after the Jaguar and the Mustang — Kurt's go-to Fenders for many recordings and performances — the Jag-Stang takes many of the Nirvana frontman's favorite guitar features and combines them in a single hard-hitting, wildly innovative instrument. Its alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard offer professional-level performance for all players; the 24-inch short scale reduces string tension for easier playing, with a 7.25-inch radius fingerboard for comfy chording from head to heel. True to Kurt's guitar style, both pickups in the Jag-Stang were custom crafted to deliver everything from in-your-face aggression to crystal cleans with ease. There's even a slider switch for toggling the onboard phase settings, arming you with a handy tool for expanding your tonal palette into uncharted territory.

image.png.8c87253122fe803cba98a953bf944624.png

• Like 2