"vote on what should be approved"

Woofers and Tweeters

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The subject of moderation, rules, who is p!ssed and such should not be hijacking a lighthearted / fun thread....IMHO. I know that some moderators will listen to what the inmates have to say, some won't. 

Congratulations, you are the first of six to go on moderated posts, thanks for you input.

The Moderators

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The subject of moderation, rules, who is p!ssed and such should not be hijacking a lighthearted / fun thread....IMHO. I know that some moderators will listen to what the inmates have to say, some won't. 

So this post is against the TOS?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

As far as a vote:
Banning -  A 3 or 5 day timeout because someone is out of hand... okay
Permanent / Long Term Banning -  Must have a 2/3 or 3/5 agreement, or the ban expires in 5 days. 

It seems that some things can get out of hand and some might get too personal or take something too far. During an argument might not be the time to have banning powers.

Ex: 

A lot of posts get a pass (members of Parliament pic) 

Thad, IMHO, should not have been banned for what little was said.  

They don't get passed if we see them. No idea about the Parliament pic, if someone points it out, perfecto.

As a time you all used to self moderate, now it's six jokers and clowns, you should have taken a clue when DTEL posted a reminder at the top, and then another reminder in T-shirts. Much easier to round up "the six" DTEL referred to, that are 90% of the problems, and see how that goes for awhile, nothing else has worked.

Thad, wasn't banned, he's in a time out, for a MEME that he created that has the F word in it - I can understand the confusion, there's a group on here that will spin anything and everything out of thin air that never even resembles reality. 

Even your title isn't accurate, there isn't going to be a vote to approve posts, didn't even suggest that - non-political posts, non-personal posts will sail right through, audio related posts will go the the top of the list, it's all of the stuff that gets dragged over to here from Facebook and every other corner of the Web that's political - in an audio Forum. 

It's a simple Risk/Benefit analysis: Keep six guys happy who want to engage in political discussion, or keep the Lounge around for a long time to come? 

Someone mentioned (in another thread that turned political, big surprise) humans are a herd species (like sheep and cattle). Yet even a simple minded wildebeest crossing the Mara River can grasp the concept of what is necessary to avoid becoming an example.   

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So this post is against the TOS?

Of course not, it the other 20 political posts he has in Covid in Safe Place in the last two weeks. 

He's one of the "six" that Dtel mentioned in the t-shirt thread - it's obvious. 

If it starts to get to Dtel it's getting pretty bad. 

11 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Of course not, it the other 20 political posts he has in Covid in Safe Place in the last two weeks. 

He's one of the "six" that Dtel mentioned in the t-shirt thread - it's obvious. 

If it starts to get to Dtel it's getting pretty bad. 

Gotcha.  Tip of the iceburg so to speak.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

As far as a vote:
Banning -  A 3 or 5 day timeout because someone is out of hand... okay
Permanent / Long Term Banning -  Must have a 2/3 or 3/5 agreement, or the ban expires in 5 days. 

It seems that some things can get out of hand and some might get too personal or take something too far. During an argument might not be the time to have banning powers.

Ex: 

A lot of posts get a pass (members of Parliament pic) 

Thad, IMHO, should not have been banned for what little was said.  

We did, it was unanimous, everyone wrote down a list of the six jokers and clowns, got on a call, and guess what? The lists were identical.

Nobody is banned, you all can say or think whatever you want. If it's questionable it sits in the holding pattern until people can get together until a vote on whether it's political or not. Simple majority is good enough to me. We don't need to timeout anyone for political comment, it never worked anyway. It has become a game, exactly what Dtel said in the T-shirt thread, and exactly what he put in the reminder at the top.

Then we look at the posts, and over time they either come off moderation, or they go away because there no more fun in trying to sneak in political posts. 

• Moderators

July, last year, plain and simple, so well said. 

Likes and thank yous. This is a Community, there have been many close friends made online and real life, some going on near 20 years. @dtel doesn't say a lot, but when he says it - you should really sit up and take notice. He is trying to preserve what fundamentally matters about this Forum. We are just going to help those who don't seem to have any self-control. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I’ve remained quiet in a lot of this. I have a few things to say. After 42 years of being married to DTEL I can say with complete confidence that if he gets angry about something it’s usually justified.

As far as posts being arbitrary, all of us have other careers, jobs, businesses and personal responsibilities. There is absolutely no way we can moderate every single post. Trust me, I tried.

This forum is not a democracy. It is wholly and owned and controlled by Klipsch. The moderators here serve at their pleasure, with no compensation whatsoever. If you are unhappy with the way one or more of us moderate please feel free to contact Chad with your complaints or suggestions. He’s our boss.

Better yet, if you feel you can assist with moderating please feel free to PM one of us. We will be happy to discuss the duties and responsibilities that come along with the “title”

For those of you that don’t realize it, we hide a lot of threads, even more comments to try to keep a topic on course. It becomes increasingly difficult when one or more of us can be here in a daily basis. It’s like herding cats. We turn our backs and well, y’all become feral. It’s really ridiculous.

Each of us have our shortcomings when it comes to moderation. For example, I don’t catch some of the sly innuendos that some of you use regarding politics and insults. I just don’t operate on that level. Therefore I dibt always catch those types of posts. That’s why generally we moderate as a group. No one is ever put on moderated posts or banned without a thorough vetting between moderators.

Bottom line is that you are grown *ss men doing grown *ss things, try acting like it. Follow the few simple rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

then why wasn't it dealt with there and then?  

The TOS is just a lame excuse to hide behind as we've seen infinitely far worse things than political and/or religious posts go unmentioned by ANY moderator or administrator -- that tells me that punishments are arbitrary here.  

It was, they were all excused from Covid thread for a week, or from the Lounge for a week. Covid is an anomaly, it is inextricably intertwined with political issues, but for the most part, after it has been cleaned up and reformed (four times) it stays on topic, free of political, and people can share information about a very serious subject. It's easy for people to get drug into hot button items so I was just hiding the blatant, but then a couple of days went by and it went completely off the rails. I thought we would try a "just stay out of the thread for week", or stay out of the Lounge for a week, no time outs, just take a break from this. 

EDIT: You are right, there are far worse things, and the political is a time suck out. That was hopefully taken care of today and we can focus on the people here.