SACD Player

dtr20

I was wondering if anyone had advice on getting a decent SACD player specifically for stereo. I know there's a bunch of DVD and Blu-ray players that support SACDs, but I'm not sure if that works well for 2 channel. I know there is 5.1 SACD discs for home theater, but I want something that is good specifically for 2 channel. I'm looking to spend less than $1k. 

I'm not opposed to get a Blu-ray player if it works well for 2 channel, just not sure. This is to hook up to my Parasound P6 preamp. Thanks

How much can/will you spend?  Used, new, refurbished?

I am super happy with my Yamaha CD-S1000.

Bill
I have no problem buying used. I'd be willing to spend up to $1k depending if it's worth it, but ideally I don't want to spend this much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was using Marantz, 8260, SA-11, SA-15. Ripped the SACD discs to 96/24. First step is ISO files. A labor of love. 

The Sony players are nice. I knew someone who bragged on the Yamaha players. Some like the universal players.

Dead media now.  But a cheap source for hires files. 

On 1/30/2021 at 11:54 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Denon SACD 2900 or 2910, about $60 to $100.  I have both, could not pass them up. 

Several months ago I picked up DVD-2900, I think for $150cnd for the 2nd system.

I have been using a Sony NS9100ES in the main system for the last 10 years or so.

But if I come across a Sony 5400 ES-SACD like my earlier recommendation at a decent price, I would not hesitate to grab it.