SACD Player

dtr20

2 hours ago, Little Wolf said:

Oppo, oppo, absolutely Oppo!

I own 105, the best multiformat player I ever had, best valute for the money,  IMHO.

Agree that it is a wonderful all around player in every format and the best universal player I have ever owned but for stereo SACD's, the Yamaha CD-S1000 that I own edges ahead.

3 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I ended up ordering the Denon DCD-1600NE from eBay. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help

I think you will be very pleased.

Bill

On 1/30/2021 at 6:24 PM, dtr20 said:

Thanks, but I already have 2 Sony sacd players that can't read multi later discs anymore. Common issue for some Sony units

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I picked up a Sony 9000ES at a fund raiser. It quit reading the dual layer SACD discs. Found directions for adjusting the laser on line. This fixed it. Worked fine afterwards. 

I picked up a Sony 9000ES at a fund raiser. It quit reading the dual layer SACD discs. Found directions for adjusting the laser on line. This fixed it. Worked fine afterwards. 
Do you have a link to that? I'd be curious to see if that option is available on my Sony SCD-CD595 players

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the DCD-1600NE SACD player.  I like the sound, but I don't necessarily understand the different DAC chips between equipment.  So my Denon DCD-1600NE has PCM1795 (192kHz/32bit).  My Parasound P6 192 kHz / 24-bit PCM over COAX or SPDIF.  My Bluesound Node 2 has 32-Bit, 192kHz.  My question is should I just use the onboard DAC on the Denon SACD player, or should I use digital out to either my preamp or my Bluesound DAC?  I was told that the DAC on the preamp was better than what is in the Bluesound DAC, but I am starting to doubt that.  I think the preamp has a better DAC for USB only, but not COAX or SPDIF.  Thanks

14 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I don't necessarily understand the different DAC chips between equipment.  So my Denon DCD-1600NE has PCM1795 (192kHz/32bit).  My Parasound P6 192 kHz / 24-bit PCM over COAX or SPDIF.  My Bluesound Node 2 has 32-Bit, 192kHz.  My question is should I just use the onboard DAC on the Denon SACD player, or should I use digital out to either my preamp or my Bluesound DAC? 

Truthfully, the only way to know which you like better is to try it out in different configurations.  It's not just about the DAC chip and implementation but also about the analog stages and other factors.  My Yamaha CD-S1000 has the PCM1796(192kHz/24bit) which is +/- 95% same as the PCM1795 but with 24bit vs 32bit.  

Bill

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 6:24 PM, dtr20 said:

Thanks, but I already have 2 Sony sacd players that can't read multi later discs anymore. Common issue for some Sony units

Fwiw, I purchased 3 sony players for multichannel music and all 3 are up and running. The upconverting Sony UHP-H1 and the 4K UPB-X800 have been solid for me and I play alot of multichannel music. Of course, YMMV.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/blu-ray-dvd-audio-player.1486422/post-47815201

I purchased a Sony BDP-S5100 to play my SACDs and am now looking for a comparably priced DVD-A player that plays Blu-rays...Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wow. After 3 years I finally found one: image.gif.30736c6028388a63a0adb1506d76552b.gif

I just purchased this for an audio player (with it's Blu ray capabilities a modern convenience) and so far I am happy with my purchase. Set up was easy and after going through the menus saw that it was already set up to play DVD-A and SACDs along with BR--The only thing I changed was a DSD setting.

Played a few scenes from the Jurassic Park Lost World Blu ray we say last night on the S5100 and want to explore the differences (if any) later. That said, it was GREAT being able to play Speaking in Tongues (DVD-A/Dual Disk} by Talking Heads and Dire Straights Brother in Arms (Sacd), along with Pink Floyd's Endless River again on one player. image.gif.ebc5f6fd1935f1c066daf4225921b451.gif

After owning the Sony UHP-H1 for 3 months we are still happy.

Dune HD Max Vision 4K

Newest tech on the market. Premium full-sized 4Kp60 Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player. Focus market is videophile. The most current and advanced RTD1619 chip is ahead of Zappiti who are not doing SACD. There are other down market models available from Dune for less than the price of this model.

https://www.dune-hd-usa.com/Dune-HD-Pro-4K-Max-p143651694

"Stereo and multichannel SACD playback

You can play top quality Super Audio CD (DSD) music files in all any popular formats  (ISO, DFF, DSF), including both stereo and multichannel files, including files which use DST compression. Multichannel DSD files can be output to HDMI as high quality multichannel PCM (up to 176.4 KHz). Stereo DSD files can be output to HDMI and S/PDIF as high quality stereo PCM (up to 176.4 KHz)."

https://www.avforums.com/threads/dune-hd-max-vision-4k.2341672/

[mention=64125]314carpenter[/mention] looks good, I've never seen an audio only HDMI. 
This was started with 4k Blu-ray players. Since a lot of receivers don't have 4k passthrough, manufacturers added an extra hdmi for audio only so one hdmi went to the receiver and the other straight to the display.

• Like 2