McIntosh MA5100 amplifier SOLD

avguytx

This is a great McIntosh MA5100 solid state amplifier that was made from 1966 to 1972.   It's rated at 45 watts per channel into 4 or 8-ohm loads and will sound phenomenal on most any speakers you put on it.  This amp was just gone recently through by Durham Electronics in Little Rock by a technician with 40 years under his belt.  It had the power supply rebuilt and updated, all controls cleaned, chrome cleaned, the main filter caps and all can caps were tested out (all were fine) and checked for safe use and I will supply the receipt for the repairs.  Hook it up to some higher efficiency speakers and you will have a great match for years to come.  Heck, hook it up to lesser efficient speakers and it will still sound great.

It does have a bubble in the glass on the left side but these can be replaced, or, lived with. Personal choice.  It’s really hard to find a 50 year old McIntosh that doesn’t have a bubble in the glass; but is possible.  Also, there is no wood case included which is how I originally got it.  I installed some basic rubber feet on the bottom in the location where they attached the temporary shipping feet from the factory.

Asking SOLD cash only with local pickup in Searcy, AR at the Police Department during normal daylight hours.  I really don't want to have to ship this but I can...just count on it being kind of pricy since rates have gone up some plus finding/purchasing good packaging material for a SAFE delivery. I would be glad to drive a "reasonable" distance if someone is interested.

Not many of these pop up around here!  Thanks for looking and let me know if any questions.