Any of You Guys File 1099-NEC's?

thebes

Gotta file one this year for a sub and can't seem to find any way to do it without going through a third party online vendor who then, of course, will steal all my private info, run a scam and flee to a tax-haven tropical paradise while leaving me holding the bag.

I would think you could just mail it in, but damn if I can find out how.  Tried signing up for online filing directly with IRS through their FIRE system and boy what a time sink mistake that was.

So help a Thebes today. The deadline for filing is February 1.

hate to  be the bearer of bad news, but you need to order the form from the IRS.  I do it early in the year.  Didn't need any thins year so don't have any extra. 

Your accountant will have the form.  If not, anyone here have any extras? 

FWIW, I always seem to receive these late, so a lot of people seem to send them after the deadline. 

Yeah I've already got the forms Randy references above. I have given the sub his copy, but while I can find vague references online to filing by mail, I sure can't find out how to actually do it. Don't use an accountant so no joy going that route. Just Thebes and his Quicken software and his HR Block tax software and my lucky rabbit's foot. And no, HR Block software won't do it for me, and I'd have to hire one of their accountants for one of them to do it.

I'm cheap. Need my money for buying records not paying those green lamp shade people.

3 hours ago, thebes said:

Gotta file one this year for a sub and can't seem to find any way to do it without going through a third party online vendor who then, of course, will steal all my private info, run a scam and flee to a tax-haven tropical paradise while leaving me holding the bag.

I would think you could just mail it in, but damn if I can find out how.  Tried signing up for online filing directly with IRS through their FIRE system and boy what a time sink mistake that was.

So help a Thebes today. The deadline for filing is February 1.

Form 1099-MISC (2018)

Miscellaneous Income.
File this form for each person to whom you made certain types of payment during the tax year. (See instructions for details.)
Note: Downloadable 1099 forms are for information only.

Form 1099-MISC (2018) PDF

Related:
Instructions for Form 1099-MISC (2018) PDF   

found here

1. Home
  2. Forms and Instructions
  3. Prior Year Forms and Instructions

Prior Year Forms and Instructions

Prior Year Forms, Instructions & Publications Search

Search

Popular Prior Year Forms, Instructions & Publications

Form 941 (2018)

Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return for 2018.
For Employers who withhold taxes from employee's paychecks or who must pay the employer's portion of social security or Medicare tax (also known as Schedule B).

Form 941 (2018) PDF

Related:
Instructions for Form 941 (2018) PDF

Form 1099-MISC (2018)

Miscellaneous Income.
File this form for each person to whom you made certain types of payment during the tax year. (See instructions for details.)
Note: Downloadable 1099 forms are for information only.

Form 1099-MISC (2018) PDF

Related:
Instructions for Form 1099-MISC (2018) PDF

Form 940 (2018)

Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return.
For employers who withhold taxes from employee's paychecks or who must pay the employer's portion of social security or Medicare tax.

Form 940 (2018) PDF

Related:
Instructions for Form 940 (2018) PDF

Publication 15 (2018)

Employer's Tax Guide.
Explains your tax responsibilities as an employer (also known as Circular E).

Publication 15 (2018) PDF

Related:
Publication 15 (2017) PDF

Form 1099-G (2018)

Certain Government Payments.
Federal, state, or local governments file this form if they made certain types of payments. (See Instructions for details.) Note: Downloadable 1099 forms are for information only.

Form 1099-G (2018) PDF

Related:
Instructions for Form 1099-G (2018) PDF

Did not know that Jeff.  My HR Block software doesn't do it so I capitulated a short time ago and file through efile4.biz.  Oh well, yet another online entity now has more info on me than I care to give out. Probably doesn't matter, my info has been hacked at least four times so far by regular companies I've dealt with.

2 hours ago, thebes said:

Did not know that Jeff.  My HR Block software doesn't do it so I capitulated a short time ago and file through efile4.biz.  Oh well, yet another online entity now has more info on me than I care to give out. Probably doesn't matter, my info has been hacked at least four times so far by regular companies I've dealt with.

Don't worry, China owns you already.

JJK