Spotify Warning

Dave A

OK I searched for Spotify and the majority of posts regarding it are here, which is why I am posting this here. It is spooky how many devices and services want inside your house and mind. In my house we do not invite these types of things in.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/spotifys-latest-invention-will-determine-your-emotional-state-from-your-speech-and-suggest-music-based-on-it/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, baron167 said:

Spotify and these other entities want inside my my mind? Well, I wasn’t using’ it fer nuttin, anyway emoji2369.png
Perhaps the could fix da broken s#*t while they’re in there emoji848.png

My wife tells me I do nothing with it and it is broken too! Oh and will you ever grow up heh heh.

• Like 1

They can make all the recommendations they want (they already do to some extent), but its never accurate and I play what I want to play. At the end of the day people can try and control you, don't let them and they won't. Maybe I'm just naive?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, rebuy said:

I Listen when I'm Naked and in Front of The Camera.

Hmmm, wonder what they would do if Monty Python or local wrestling matches were all they heard? I suppose it could be as amusing as asking Alexa dumb questions on your friends phone. 24-7 of cheezy Kung Fu might be fun to.

they know from another member of your family  who is on Facebook and who disclosed the information -  how else would they have known  --someone 's gotta have shared personal data that crosses over to you -

1 hour ago, Pondoro said:

Facebook suggested a friend to me, my cousin who I had not talked to in 20 years. We have different last names, live in different states, we had no mutual Facebook friends or mutual liked pages. How did they know?

I’d bet FB and their techie friends know more about you than your mother and father - 

2 hours ago, Pondoro said:

Facebook suggested a friend to me, my cousin who I had not talked to in 20 years. We have different last names, live in different states, we had no mutual Facebook friends or mutual liked pages. How did they know?

Linkedin is famous for going uninvited into your email program and finding all your contacts and then contacting them. I have no doubt Fakebook is as bad as any of them in this regard.They follow bread crumb trails and you had one somewhere. Sites like Classmates.com sell info too and they dig everywhere for stuff like this hoping to rope you into being active.

Best thing you can do is get off all that nonsense if you value privacy. Years after leaving Linkedin I still get crap but since I do not have an account there any more I can't tell them to stop. Funny how that works isn't it.