I need help with my 7.2.4 setup

Reggie

Hey guys, new here and I’m new to home theater, I’m in the process of trying to create a 7.2.4 that sounds amazing, so far I’m going with the RP 504c for my center, RP8000’s for my front left and right, 4 Pro 160c’s for my Atmos, I really need you guys to help me decide on my Surrounds front and rear, i would really appreciate it, as a matter of fact, I’m not sure about my Atmos speakers, please help.

Welcome Reggie, that's a spectacular list of speakers you have listed that should sound very good. As far as surrounds, most would use RP502s as side, and RP600m as rears. You could save a little and downsize the surrounds to 402s and 500m. Your ceiling or install might determine which Atmos speakers would work the best, maybe even RP500sa. What's the rest of your gear, sub, AVR?

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Welcome Reggie, that's a spectacular list of speakers you have listed that should sound very good. As far as surrounds, most would use RP502s as side, and RP600m as rears. You could save a little and downsize the surrounds to 402s and 500m. Your ceiling or install might determine which Atmos speakers would work the best, maybe even RP500sa. What's the rest of your gear, sub, AVR?

As for my subs I was thinking about 2 SVS PB 2000 Pros and Denon for my receiver

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 7:25 AM, hobbyinn said:

This post may be a little late, but for an Atmos setup, you do not want to use bipoles for surround speakers.  Use all direct firing.  I have done both and the difference is striking.

Well, that depends on room setup. In general, yes, monopole is ideal for Atmos. But in close quarters, especially for side surrounds, bipoles such as RP-502S may be better. I have a very narrow room and have RP-8000F's surrounding me, except for the side surrounds.