2-Channel Home Theater

rgdawsonco

On 2/12/2021 at 6:56 PM, Ceptorman said:

Very nice. No P312? You might be amazed how well it blends in.

Never got the P-312W sub.  I was trying to spread the costs out a little at the time and thought I would pick one up later.  Later never happened.  I regret that.  The sub I have is and RT-D10 - also outclassed by the Palladiums, and I have on my list still to get a Palladium class sub.

R Greg Dawson

5 minutes ago, rgdawsonco said:

Never got the P-312W sub.  I was trying to spread the costs out a little at the time and thought I would pick one up later.  Later never happened.  I regret that.  The sub I have is and RT-D10 - also outclassed by the Palladiums, and I have on my list still to get a Palladium class sub.

R Greg Dawson

The SVS PB16Ultra is an outstanding sub.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:42 PM, Ceptorman said:

Very nice. I have a 5.1 Palladium with P38s, I use P17b for surrounds, I think they're a little more placement adaptable for me than the P27s. 

I wish I had the P17B's.  I was on the fence at the time and I went for the P27s for reasons of space and a cleaner look.  Absent that, I think the P-17B's would have been a better way to go.

RGD

Just now, rgdawsonco said:

I wish I had the P17B's.  I was on the fence at the time and I went for the P27s for reasons of space and a cleaner look.  Absent that, I think the P-17B's would have been a better way to go.

RGD

They both have their strong points, the 27s might work better at surround duty, but the 17s can be used as main speakers. I've never heard the P27s, and I'm sure they sound great, especially with two 7'' woofers.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:49 AM, Ceptorman said:

They both have their strong points, the 27s might work better at surround duty, but the 17s can be used as main speakers. I've never heard the P27s, and I'm sure they sound great, especially with two 7'' woofers.

I have elevated P-27S as side surrounds in my two Palladium theater systems.  They are really great surrounds.  I couldn't do P-17B for the sides because of the narrow room width.  It would have meant the horns blasting directly into the ear of the people in the side seats.  I even tried the P-27S at ear height in my basement Atmos system but even that was dominating the sound in the side seats.  I had to put them at the height recommended by Klipsch for them to be balanced in all seats.

• Like 2