Xilica Gain - Basic Concepts Help

CJ Wolff

Thanks team Klipsch for helping me with the polarity question on my KPT-942's.  They're sounding great.

So.  To recap I'm feeding a Xilica 4080 with a Bluesound Node 2i.  The Amp is a Monolith 7x200 and speaks are KPT-942s.  Everything Sounds Good.

I've noticed that with 0db input gain and 0db output gain the input meters don't light up. 

As a Common Operating Procedure should I increase input gain until the meters are short of clipping and reduce output gain to a standard listening level?

I suppose im trying to "optimize" the amount of volts being sent to the amp input. 

Please bear with me as I'm learning.  There isn't really a "problem" im trying to resolve just to establish S.O.P.

Thank you all great folks

CJ

3 hours ago, CJ Wolff said:

Thanks team Klipsch for helping me with the polarity question on my KPT-942's.  They're sounding great.

-I have a question , was  the passive crossover any good --on these speakers--did it sound ok , or was it inadequate