new Forte 4's

The best center channel speaker for a Forte IV is a Forte IV, the best for a Cornwall IV is another Cornwall IV. I went down this path with the Chorus II when talking to Chief Bonehead - he said another Chorus II for the center is best. So I not holding my breath on the center channel speaker. As for subwoofer I recommend a 1502. Tried non-horn loaded sub’s with fully horn loaded speakers and was never satisfied - like adding mud when using a direct radiating sub. Admittedly I mostly listen to music and in stereo, have a separate home theater system for movies.

P.S. Yes I know Chorus II’s are not fully horn loaded. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

My understanding on why the Chorus got overlooked is how and where it would fit in the current line up, or rather, that it doesn't currently fit in terms of price, size, specs. Where did the Chorus II fit back in the day? Above what, below what? 

Chorus was the successful upgrade/replacement of the Cornwall 2 loudspeaker.Taller narrower format looking more like a tower rather than the lower wider CW2 cabinet.

• Thanks 3

3 way here to stay I say.

Will not contest that a new center for the new IV series of speakers, or other should be made.

Klipsch know well that many heritage users press into service what is available to make even a 3 speaker front for HT.

Some might say the Academy will still work for some.

Certainly Klipsch has made a variety of centers for especially all of the more modern HT music systems.

Do not have numbers on it but primary thinking by alot of users like myself, consider the Heritage line including the forte', as a 2 channel stereo system. The fact that creative members use them for HT, for me days yes, a new center that would work well for both size IV speakers, would be welcomed.

Thanks!

• Like 1

It is so funny on this forum - a thread that starts out about the new forte 4 loudspeakers gets hijacked and becomes quickly about new Chorus 3s that do not even exist. I understand people that love the Chorus really love them but they deserve their own threads. I am a big Forte fan and want all the information I can get about the latest Forte but I don't mind reading about any and all of the past or current Klipsch offerings.

I hope that anyone who wants a Chorus 3 can get them sooner rather than later.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:35 PM, 314carpenter said:

It really is fantastic that Klipsch continues to support the Heritage brand and is bringing out these new models on a regular basis. I must say I personally am disappointed to see that the Chorus is obviously completely abandoned at this point. I am completely aware of what existing options there are, and why those options exist. I do not need anyone to remind me. This is just my own opinion and is the simply the only direction my money will flow. I am going to have to hit the technical/modification thread especially hard now. Congratulations to those who are able to take advantage of the the existing Klipsch Heritage speaker lines which continue to evolve and improve. I will be watching from the sidelines while I continue to enjoy my Klipsch Chorus II speakers which are in amazing condition and continue to perform, on certain subjective levels, over and above the Forte III.

Cornwall IV. I was at my dealer the day the Chorus I was set up. They played "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood on them. I asked Woody Jackson, the Marketing VP at the time what would happen to the Cornwall? His reply: "We'll let the Market decide!" Apparently they decided long go, since they brought the Cornwall back.

23 hours ago, Fido said:

From the description of the new Forte 4s it sounds as if the soundstage is greatly improved. More like the artist and instruments sound like they are actually placed in a space that doesn’t blend into one place nor does the sound retreat into the individual speakers. I’m thinking of taking the chance on buying the 4s and if they don’t sound much better just selling them at a discount if I don’t notice that marked improvement. Very conflicted as my wife and I love the speakers but I understand what Roy, Mark and Zach were saying about the possible soundstage improvement. I think that what is missing with my Forte 1s.

Good. You can then ship me your bad, nasty sounding Forte I's, to replace my Super Heresy rears (I have 2 for side channels). That way, I can put those Super Heresys on the ceiling! YAH!!!

51 minutes ago, Fido said:

It is so funny on this forum - a thread that starts out about the new forte 4 loudspeakers gets hijacked and becomes quickly about new Chorus 4s that do not even exist. I understand people that love the Chorus really love them but they deserve their own threads. I am a big Forte fan and want all the information I can get about the latest Forte but I don't mind reading about any and all of the past or current Klipsch offerings.

I hope that anyone who wants a Chorus 4 can get them sooner rather than later.

I would not bet on that. Like commercial car shooters charging $5-10K day rates again. T'ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I would not bet on that. Like commercial car shooters charging $5-10K day rates again. T'ain't gonna happen.

My day rate never got over $3000 for a ten hour day. I guess my photographic talents did not warrant higher rates. Dang! I guess shooting pictures of sexy naked playmates are not as lucrative as shooting commercial ad campaigns for automobiles - Actually i never made as much $$$$ shooting cars all the years I shot for the TV production company I worked with for 13 years. Poor poor me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fido said:

My day rate never got over $3000 for a ten hour day. I guess my photographic talents did not warrant higher rates. Dang! I guess shooting pictures of sexy naked playmates are not as lucrative as shooting commercial ad campaigns for automobiles - Actually i never made as much $$$$ shooting cars all the years I shot for the TV production company I worked with for 13 years. Poor poor me.

That's because you were not 3 miles from GM like my friend's studio was. I never did either, but he got that much in the days of 8x10 film just sold his 50,000 square foot studio to his biggest client, GM. Digital took him down too. But he had to refinance many times to keep it afloat. He used to take Vettes on the roof to shoot against clear sky. I shot there 3 times myself and it was a great place. Now they do it all with the computer renderings and drop those images into stock nature backgrounds. Also they do not paint the cars, they just change the colors digitally. The money's gone in photography, trust me, it's across the board! I remember writing an article about the GM in-house photographers. They don't get that kind of cash either, but they do get benefits and retirement.