new Forte 4's

There is one thing that concerns me about the 4's, probably not a big deal. But they are 1/4 in shorter putting the mid range horn even lower. I use Sonarworks 4 and the main thing I notice when I turn it on is that the mid range comes up off the floor a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes. I understand the issue Darkscience. Perhaps you could either: remove and replace the attached plinth with a taller version as these are only screwed on to the underside of the cabinet or place them on inert blocks of the same square area as the speaker base?

On 2/3/2021 at 10:25 PM, Fido said:

If the 4s sound as good as the first review says I think it would be tough to buy the 3s even after a discounted sales price. It sounds like the 4s are at another level never seen before.

Some people are expecting them to be blown out but there's no reason to discount the 3's even more than typical street value, some people can't stretch the budget enough to get the 4's so they happily go with the 3's.  They'll sell, just a matter of time.  

On 2/5/2021 at 12:35 AM, dwilawyer said:

Hey @Paducah Home Theater, how do those Forte IV's sound vs. the Forte III?

When the Forte 3's first came out I really liked them.  I put on Lithium by Nirvana and the crunchy bluesy guitar in the background sounded like listening to it for the first time, just skads of detail.  As time went on, a recurring theme both from us and customers is that they could sound fatiguing and borderline painful at higher volumes in an untreated room with typical rock music.  I couldn't put my finger on it but probably somewhere around 3-5 khz maybe was just kind of obnoxious in that environment and wasn't the most pleasant thing ever, was just a little brighter / harsher than I thought was ideal.  I liked them for the most part but found myself trying to fish for cues in the sales cycle that hinted that this may be what will happen and steer them towards Cornwall 4's or RF-7III's which are better about this for some reason. 

The new Forte 4's just took all that away, even straight out of the box they are way more comfortable at higher volumes.  That's the biggest thing that I noticed.  It's not really a subtle difference, this is a very significant improvement.  When the RF-7III's came out I had a customer text me and said he was in tears by the second song because he could finally crank his favorite songs on his Klipsch speakers without his ears bleeding.  This latest change deserves that same response in my opinion.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

When the Forte 3's first came out I really liked them.  I put on Lithium by Nirvana and the crunchy bluesy guitar in the background sounded like listening to it for the first time, just skads of detail.  As time went on, a recurring theme both from us and customers is that they could sound fatiguing and borderline painful at higher volumes in an untreated room with typical rock music.  I couldn't put my finger on it but probably somewhere around 3-5 khz maybe was just kind of obnoxious in that environment and wasn't the most pleasant thing ever, was just a little brighter / harsher than I thought was ideal.  I liked them for the most part but found myself trying to fish for cues in the sales cycle that hinted that this may be what will happen and steer them towards Cornwall 4's or RF-7III's which are better about this for some reason. 

The new Forte 4's just took all that away, even straight out of the box they are way more comfortable at higher volumes.  That's the biggest thing that I noticed.  It's not really a subtle difference, this is a very significant improvement.  When the RF-7III's came out I had a customer text me and said he was in tears by the second song because he could finally crank his favorite songs on his Klipsch speakers without his ears bleeding.  This latest change deserves that same response in my opinion.  

Thanks for that feedback - this was the stuff I wanted to hear. I will try and contact you to order a pair sometime early this upcoming week. 

How are the midrange vocals at lower to medium volumes?

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

On gosh...! 😱 What are Museum Forte 4's!!

My wallet is getting more and more squeaky as more info comes in.... 💸

I will get you some links to the Khorn, La Scala, Cornwall and Heresy Museum Edition speakers.

@MZKITTY can tell you about the Cornwall IV Museum Edition that she purchased, and @mikebse2a3 can tell you about the La Scala Museum Edition pair he purchased.

Where abouts are you located in the UK? In or near MK?

Would you consider a trade for that fine looking pup? (That's rhetorical ).

Travis

37 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I will get you some links to the Khorn, La Scala, Cornwall and Heresy Museum Edition speakers.

@MZKITTY can tell you about the Cornwall IV Museum Edition that she purchased, and @mikebse2a3 can tell you about the La Scala Museum Edition pair he purchased.

Where abouts are you located in the UK? In or near MK?

Would you consider a trade for that fine looking pup? (That's rhetorical ).

Travis

So we’re trading speakers for animals now? I have a lovely herd of cattle across the street that could be traded for Heritage Jubes? I’d prefer the trade be done under the cover of darkness, say two or three in the morning. Drop the Jubes I’ll point you the right direction - 

• Haha 1

Trey and Jason just made about the first video that actually has some substance if anybody is interested in watching.  I drove them to Indiana a few days ago.  Oh, and Matt Sommers has a cool song in here too, and includes other demos produced by former Klipsch employee Matt Whatley who I think employs Roy's son at the studio, or did at one time.  

Isn’t there anyone here that thinks there is no good reason to upgrade my Forte Is to the latest greatest Forte IVs? Can not get a good sense if the IVs sound 35 years improved over my dads original Fortes or if my added Lmahl tweeters raised the level up enough to sound as good as the IVs?