new Forte 4's

48 minutes ago, Fido said:

Isn’t there anyone here that thinks there is no good reason to upgrade my Forte Is to the latest greatest Forte IVs? Can not get a good sense if the IVs sound 35 years improved over my dads original Fortes or if my added Lmahl tweeters raised the level up enough to sound as good as the IVs?

I’ve said this before, but I believe even the forte III would have been an improvement. But with this new midrange and xover upgrades I think it’s a no brainer.

I listened to a pair of original fortes with titanium upgrades and ALK xovers in my room before I bought the IIIs. Although they sounded very good the newer speakers were much better.

Early opinions on the IV are very good. You can wait for more reviews or order a pair now. I know what I’d do.

Shakey

33 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I’ve said this before, but I believe even the forte III would have been an improvement. But with this new midrange and xover upgrades I think it’s a no brainer.

I listened to a pair of original fortes with titanium upgrades and ALK xovers in my room before I bought the IIIs. Although they sounded very good the newer speakers were much better.

Early opinions on the IV are very good. You can wait for more reviews or order a pair now. I know what I’d do.

Shakey

Thanks Shakey for the input  - that helps me decide - its funny because I love my 1s and could keep them and place them where my Super Heresys are for my surround system but it might be a lot of BIG SPEAKERS in my small living room. I have the $$$$ for the IVs so that is not the issue

On 2/5/2021 at 3:24 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Good. You can then ship me your bad, nasty sounding Forte I's, to replace my Super Heresy rears (I have 2 for side channels). That way, I can put those Super Heresys on the ceiling! YAH!!!

You always make me laugh Claude. And yes those super heresys sound pretty damned good

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 6:25 AM, Buddy Shagmore said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Chorus I replace the Cornwall when it was released? 

Actually the Chorus 1 and Cornwall II were produced simultaneously from about '85 until '89 or '90 for about 5 years. They stopped making the Cornwall II around the time when the Chorus II came out.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 2:35 PM, 314carpenter said:

I must say I personally am disappointed to see that the Chorus is obviously completely abandoned at this point. I am completely aware of what existing options there are, and why those options exist. I do not need anyone to remind me. This is just my own opinion and is the simply the only direction my money will flow. I am going to have to hit the technical/modification thread especially hard now.

You should check out my Custom KPT-335 / Chorus III thread these are unbelievable probably similar to the KI-396's but with better range; 40hz-20khz vs 60hz-18khz. I read somewhere new KPT-335's can be purchased for $3k-- If that's true you could spend a grand on new custom made cabinets and be well ahead of the game.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

You should check out my Custom KPT-335 / Chorus III thread these are unbelievable probably similar to the KI-396's but with better range; 40hz-20khz vs 60hz-18khz. I read somewhere new KPT-335's can be purchased for $3k-- If that's true you could spend a grand on new custom made cabinets and be well ahead of the game.

Very similar to a Ki-362.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Actually the Chorus 1 and Cornwall II were produced simultaneously from about '85 until '89 or '90 for about 5 years. They stopped making the Cornwall II around the time when the Chorus II came out.

Thanks for the historical clarification. I did not keep up with all the Klipsch products after Fred took over. All this Chorus Marketing Skullduggery happened in the last millennium, where I was fat, dumb, and happy, with my 3-channel system using1977 Khorns with a Center LaScala driven by PWK's Little Resistor Box (to create a mono middle channel from Stereo input).

So having the 2PH3 array promoted by PWK for 30 years kept me from wanting to have anything else more.............until 5.1 happened...........followed by my second trip to Hope where Roy spoiled it all for me by letting me hear Commercial/Theater Jubilees and MWMs with K-402's, then the madness began all over again with even more passion that ever before.

• Like 1

Congrats! They look absolutely beautiful!

Unfortunately, I will never be able to acquire a pair of the newer Heritage releases. At this point in my life and career, my finances will never allow me to have any of the new models.

I'm ok with what I have, just sayin'.

19 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Congrats! They look absolutely beautiful!

Unfortunately, I will never be able to acquire a pair of the newer Heritage releases. At this point in my life and career, my finances will never allow me to have any of the new models.

I'm ok with what I have, just sayin'.

Thanks Marvel - I have had my current Fortes for years now - they were my deceased fathers. I am pretty sure these will be the last speakers I ever purchase so I decided to go for this latest upgrade to enjoy them while my hearing is still good. I am retired now so spend a lot of time listening to music from my sweet spot and I am hoping that the new Forte 4s enhance the sound stage over my 35 yo Fortes. Felt lucky to find I had some cash laying around I did not realize I had so i yielded to temptation and made the call  to Paducah.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Hey....congrats. I knew you wanted them. Excited? Will you keep your original Fortes?

Thanks - I am planning on keeping my original Fortes because they are something I shared in buying with my late father and they sound great. Hopefully they will add to my surround sound system.

I am very excited and can’t wait to receive them and get them setup in my listening space.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fido said:

Thanks - I am planning on keeping my original Fortes because they are something I shared in buying with my late father and they sound great. Hopefully they will add to my surround sound system.

I am very excited and can’t wait to receive them and get them setup in my listening space.

don't wait order a pair of the Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms from Michael Crites you won't regret it.

1 hour ago, moray james said:

don't wait order a pair of the Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms from Michael Crites you won't regret it.

I have a set of Dave As Lmahl tweeters in my Fortes and a set of Smahl Tweeters in my Super Heresys

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Or or or....you could get original Klipsch TI diaps from Klipsch.....

Chief , Great idea ,  Please ---Can you provide  the Forum Members with a link  /email / telephone number to the klipsch parts dept    , and one that  can be reached during the pandemic -Tx

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Or or or....you could get original Klipsch TI diaps from Klipsch.....

I could but I have had failure problems with two klipsch ti tweeter diaphragms and I never have had one problem with Bob's (rest his soul), so I am sticking to what worked best. That said all the Klipsch ti mid diaphragms I have used have worked perfectly and still work perfectly.