new Forte 4's

32 minutes ago, Steve. said:

I listened to Forte III and Heresy IV driven by the Prima and it sounded Primo !!!

Enjoy !

I can hardly stand waiting for them to arrive. I have a really nice turntable setup and use a BluOS node2i and a denefrips pontus DAC and it sounds so good. My wife bought me KT 150s for my Primaluna and this synergy with the Forte 4s should be amazing.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 11:04 AM, Signals said:

Thanks for taking the time to make the video.  One question; for each song, did you begin with the III and then switch to the IV, or vice-versa?  I prefer the "brighter" speaker, but I don't know which one it is.

Thanks!

Jason went back and noted which speaker was on at what time.  I personally don't like doing such things but it keeps getting requested.  

On 2/8/2021 at 11:28 PM, moray james said:

I could but I have had failure problems with two klipsch ti tweeter diaphragms and I never have had one problem with Bob's (rest his soul), so I am sticking to what worked best. That said all the Klipsch ti mid diaphragms I have used have worked perfectly and still work perfectly.

Reading this and wondering about something. I had a set of aftermarket Ti diaphragms for a tweeter, forget which one but a Klipsch tweeter. I installed a pair of them and thought to try a frequency sweep on them as I had read this was the way to get best output. One was fine and the other subdued. Hmmm, so I take the dull one apart and rotate the diaphragm 120 degrees and hardly anything at all. So I go another 120 degrees and they were a perfect set. I never bothered to try and figure out which was eccentric as it could have been the magnet or the diaphragm or both.

On 2/9/2021 at 6:03 AM, Retrograde said:

Congratulations!

I look forward to hearing how they sound on your Primaluna Amp!

They sound amazing on my PL EVO 400 = I am totally blown away. They are so much better than my Forte 1s - I am very very happy! The PL was made to Drive the Forte IVs. I feel like a kid on XMAS morning!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Steve. said:

I know....I feel lucky to be among the first to own these.....listening to them right now.  They are AWESOME !!!   My last full size speaker was the CF 4 , and as great as they were these are much better.

I was bummed out I couldn’t fit the Cornwall IVs in my space but these scale perfectly in our space. It’s all about synergy and these Forte IVs sound so much bigger than my originals. Shout out to Chief Bonehead — thank you Roy

• Like 2

I would have also liked to be able to fit Cornwalls....I heard the IV and they are incredible, but like you said the Forte is a much better fit for my space.  They sound huge !!!  For me they are the perfect fit,  they aren't too obtrusive  but have a large sense of scale.  I don't have surround , but movies through these and a sub are awesome .   

Last night I was throwing all kinds of music at them and I was amazed what I was missing in that critical mid bass area, where small speakers can't go and where subwoofers shouldn't go.   These need no sub , but there is material that goes down low so I set my sub's low pass really low with a steep slope.  It barely kicks in and it doesn't muddy the sound .   

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 9:59 AM, Paducah Home Theater said:

Jason went back and noted which speaker was on at what time.  I personally don't like doing such things but it keeps getting requested.  

Yep, I saw that a few days ago, and I appreciate it.  I went with the IV's from you guys, and I am so very glad that I did.  They are absolutely wonderful -- best I ever had.

It was a  pleasure dealing with you folks!

Edited by Signals
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Steve. said:

I can't stop listening to them.......  they are voiced so well.  Im using a pair of Mid Mono Quicksilvers with Gold Lion KT88 and the sound is addictive.   These speakers have exceeded my expectations.  No Bullshit....

Steve I so get it. They have far exceeded my expectations also. I listened all day and don’t want to stop now. Playing on my Primaluna with KT 150s sounds magical. I played a lot of acoustical music this afternoon and they sounded better than any speakers I have ever heard.

• Like 1

I’m really tempted by these but I’m also interested in the Cornwall IVs. What do you think, in a room 18x16 (more or less open at one of the shorter walls) and 10’ ceiling, which one is best suited for my room?

Currently trying out some JBL 4349 which work just fine in the room and are great. They do however tend to be a bit bright when played at higher volume (depends on the recording though).