new Forte 4's

37 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Hah, nor have most heard the CW4's either. If those Forte 4's are as big a quantum leap over the 3's as the CW4 was over the CW3's they are day and night different. I still can't get over how good those CW4's sounded in Hope. The Forte 3's on the other hand were terribly underwhelming.

I never heard the 3s but the 4s are very impressive. The bass is very strong and the midrange sounds incredible. The stage is deep and wide. I think the midrange drivers are the same as in the Cornwalls. Some people have said the crossovers use much higher quality parts.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Hah, nor have most heard the CW4's either. If those Forte 4's are as big a quantum leap over the 3's as the CW4 was over the CW3's they are day and night different. I still can't get over how good those CW4's sounded in Hope. The Forte 3's on the other hand were terribly underwhelming.

Did you mean CW3’s instead of  “The Forte 3’s on the other hand were terribly underwhelming”..?

IMHO the CW3;s midrange wasn’t up to the quality of the Forte 3’s or CW4’s and the CW3 exhibited a noticeable bass resonance that was obvious in direct comparison to the Forte 3 or CW4’s....

miketn

• Like 1

I just re-tubed with some Gold Lion KT 77 and they compliment these speakers very well.  I'm glad I took a forum members advice to wait for the "upcoming Forte IV" , a while before it was announced or leaked.  I had been throwing money in a box for the past year not quite knowing what for...

After some experimenting with placement I still felt the bass was a little wooly....  the tubes I was using were pretty old, they have a lot of hours on them.   After pulling the speakers away from the wall and putting them a little wider apart the sound was better balanced and fresh tubes really make them sing.   Curious to see what the press and other users have to say about them.  They really have the dynamics,tone and realism I was hoping to get in a small box.  Small compared to its big brothers....

5 hours ago, Fido said:

The new Cherry Forte IVs - I bought the alternate lambswool Grills and I am glad I ordered them because I love the way they look in our living room! Beautiful and classy. My wife loves them which is always a plus.1838949976_IMG_1904copy.jpg.1b8c50e65d8317c251afe3dfe1880e35.jpg

Ah....there's stuff on top of 'em already:)

15 minutes ago, Steve. said:

So,you were able to order those grilles additionally? Like a part ?   

Yes they were expensive but it was worth it - The speakers came from the Klipsch dealer yesterday and the additional grills came directly from Klipsch today.

The PL is 70 watts a channel with the stock EL34 tubes and it sounded amazing like that, but... - I tube rolled some preamp tubes, Brimar and I liked the sound and decided to go for the KT 150s and I love the punch even more with them.Same sound I like with the new Fortes. Very live sound to the music now.

Watched the new video comparing Cornwall IV vs Forte IV. Difficult to identify differences other than the obvious difference in output volume.

Judging  sound quality based on You tube videos is not easy, I do hope both Cornwalls and Fortes are substantially better when you’re in the room with them.  

I guess the value is more in listening to the comments being made rather than listening to the recording of the speakers sound. 

Watched the new video comparing Cornwall IV vs Forte IV. Difficult to identify differences other than the obvious difference in output volume.

Judging  sound quality based on You tube videos is not easy, I do hope both Cornwalls and Fortes are substantially better when you’re in the room with them.  
I guess the value is more in listening to the comments being made rather than listening to the recording of the speakers sound. 

I would buy both try em out and keep the one you like best. The CW is not about the ability to go louder, thats not why its bigger. Bigger box adds a bit of realism to the sound imo. Hard to explain and can only be experienced. The obvious difference is the low end, the CW goes lower and its a clean low end. Good luck man let us know what you do!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Just wondering,  wouldn't those Forte's do a little better further from the wall and toed in a bit? 

They are basically setup like I had setup my Forte 1s so I just initially set these new ones the same. As they break in I will play with positioning. The soundstage is much wider and has more depth than my original Fortes so over time I will figure out optimal placement for my living room.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Ek said:

That new video was very interesting to me as I originally wanted the Cornwalls based on reviews but there was no way they would fit my room. The Forte IVs feel so much larger than my Fort 1s. Comparisons are fun but most people do not have the ability or means to AB multiple pairs of speakers in their listening spaces. Glad the guys at Pudacah shared this review.

19 minutes ago, Fido said:

That new video was very interesting to me as I originally wanted the Cornwalls based on reviews but there was no way they would fit my room. The Forte IVs feel so much larger than my Fort 1s. Comparisons are fun but most people do not have the ability or means to AB multiple pairs of speakers in their listening spaces. Glad the guys at Pudacah shared this review.

I’m very grateful for this type of comparison as I have no possibility to demo either speaker. Just wish sound quality via You Tube were better.

Based on the conclusion it seems like Forte IVs are close enough to the Cornwall IVs. The question is if one of these speakers is easier to place in the room, preferably not too far from the front wall. 

I noticed you have placed your Fortes quite close to the wall, if they sound good in that position that would be ideal. Cornwalls 2-3 feet from the front wall would be visually dominant in my room (and just not practical) but Fortes in that position I could live with. 

1 hour ago, John Ek said:

I’m very grateful for this type of comparison as I have no possibility to demo either speaker. Just wish sound quality via You Tube were better.

Based on the conclusion it seems like Forte IVs are close enough to the Cornwall IVs. The question is if one of these speakers is easier to place in the room, preferably not too far from the front wall. 

I noticed you have placed your Fortes quite close to the wall, if they sound good in that position that would be ideal. Cornwalls 2-3 feet from the front wall would be visually dominant in my room (and just not practical) but Fortes in that position I could live with. 

They sound very good right where they are. I will play with placement farther from the wall but they are about 6 inches away now that was the sweet spot with my Forte 1s placed in exactly the same place. If they sound better, once broken in, I will move them a little farther out but they sound pretty darned good right wher they are so far.

14 hours ago, Dave A said:

Now i would love to hear the Forte IIIs - All I know is the IVs were totally worth the $$$$$$$$$$$

3 hours ago, John Ek said:

Get the Fortes and add a sub later if you decide that you need one. 

17 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Get the Fortes and add a sub later if you decide that you need one. 

I have a really nice HSU 15" Sub and it fills in nicely down to the low teens where the Forte IVs can not go. I think almost ALL speakers need a subwoofer more for the "feeling" of those lower registers much more than for the sound they produce.

15 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Did you mean CW3’s instead of  “The Forte 3’s on the other hand were terribly underwhelming”..?

IMHO the CW3;s midrange wasn’t up to the quality of the Forte 3’s or CW4’s and the CW3 exhibited a noticeable bass resonance that was obvious in direct comparison to the Forte 3 or CW4’s....

miketn

No I meant the Forte's. Roy lined up the current , that is current then Forte, heresy, CW and La Scala. Next he brought in the new CW4, H4, Forte 3 and La Scala. The H4 and CW4 were remarkable and in comparison the Forte was Meh and the La Scala was a La Scala. The really serious improvement was in the CW4 and H4.  Perhaps it was the degree of improvement that made the CW4 and H4 so stunning but if they were giving away a speaker prize that day of my choice it would have been CW4 first, H4 second, La Scala third and Forte3 last. Mt preference with my ears of course and others may differ in their conclusions there that day.

• Like 1