new Forte 4's

26 minutes ago, Fido said:

I have a really nice HSU 15" Sub and it fills in nicely down to the low teens where the Forte IVs can not go. I think almost ALL speakers need a subwoofer more for the "feeling" of those lower registers much more than for the sound they produce.

I had K Horns set up properly and that was the only speaker that didn't seem to need a sub in my room.  I kept turning it off.  All others it seems to help. 

I say get the Fortes because the OP is in Europe and Fortes will likely fit into the homes there better and if he ever sells, have better resale.  European homes are not as big as in the USA (we are a really wasteful society) and Cornwalls can be difficult here.

Been sitting here listening to Boston and what really hits me is the sounds of the drumming. Holy crap it sounds like nothing I have ever heard in my home. Vocals and guitars and keyboard sound so full bodied and that drum beat —- whoooohoo. So dynamic and still less than 10 hours on them. 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 12:57 PM, Fido said:

Ordered a pair of Forte IV in Cherry from  Paducah Home Theate this morning .I am super excited! Thanks for everyones input.

Of course now you have signed up for a sound review with a full list of "test tunes" that make the determination. Then you can ship me your Forte 1's!

4 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Of course now you have signed up for a sound review with a full list of "test tunes" that make the determination. Then you can ship me your Forte 1's!

Maybe I should ship you a pair of super heresys

On 2/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, Retrograde said:

I hear where you're coming from Darkscience 😀

OMG 😱 I second that. I purchased my Forte III’s in November 2019 based on the hype of the re-release of Klipsch’s Best selling speaker EVER the Forte III 22 years after they were discontinued. I thought I was DONE as well. I love my F3’s and can’t stand the fact that barely 3 years after the F3’s release Klipsch releases the IV. The Cornwall III was released in 2006 and it wasn’t until 2019 ( 13 years ) later that they released a new and improved Cornwall IV so WHY so soon with our Forte III’s? From what I’ve read , the main upgrade is in the midrange using a Polyimide diaphragm instead of the Titanium in the Forte III. The Polyimide material is plastic and from what I can tell it is VERY similar to the phenolic that so many Klipsch lovers like myself were swayed away from to go with Titanium instead due to less harshness and more detail and clarity so What The F..K man?? I’m very frustrated!! Thank God I only paid $2,400 shipping included for my III’s , they were floor demos with approximately 100 hours on them in perfect condition and sold to me as Brand new , serial numbers matching in their original packaging with the full 5 year warranty that now is a 10 year warranty!! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brian Tambe said:

OMG 😱 I second that. I purchased my Forte III’s in November 2019 based on the hype of the re-release of Klipsch’s Best selling speaker EVER the Forte III 22 years after they were discontinued. I thought I was DONE as well. I love my F3’s and can’t stand the fact that barely 3 years after the F3’s release Klipsch releases the IV. The Cornwall III was released in 2006 and it wasn’t until 2019 ( 13 years ) later that they released a new and improved Cornwall IV so WHY so soon with our Forte III’s? From what I’ve read , the main upgrade is in the midrange using a Polyimide diaphragm instead of the Titanium in the Forte III. The Polyimide material is plastic and from what I can tell it is VERY similar to the phenolic that so many Klipsch lovers like myself were swayed away from to go with Titanium instead due to less harshness and more detail and clarity so What The F..K man?? I’m very frustrated!! Thank God I only paid $2,400 shipping included for my III’s , they were floor demos with approximately 100 hours on them in perfect condition and sold to me as Brand new , serial numbers matching in their original packaging with the full 5 year warranty that now is a 10 year warranty!! 

Klipsch. Wanted to bring up the entire heritage line with the same voicing all the way from the Corner horns to the heresys and everything in between. It’s not like Forte iiis  are not good speakers anymore. They still rock. People want Klipsch to stay in business and keep improving. We live in a world where many products are updated yearly - look at iPhones, software, cars etc. why should Klipsch be any different?

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I had K Horns set up properly and that was the only speaker that didn't seem to need a sub in my room.  I kept turning it off.  All others it seems to help. 

I say get the Fortes because the OP is in Europe and Fortes will likely fit into the homes there better and if he ever sells, have better resale.  European homes are not as big as in the USA (we are a really wasteful society) and Cornwalls can be difficult here.

That's true, but there are some Forum friends in Euorpe with Khons @Timmikid had a very nice set up for a long time in the NL. 

5 hours ago, Fido said:

Klipsch. Wanted to bring up the entire heritage line with the same voicing all the way from the Corner horns to the heresys and everything in between. It’s not like Forte iiis  are not good speakers anymore. They still rock. People want Klipsch to stay in business and keep improving. We live in a world where many products are updated yearly - look at iPhones, software, cars etc. why should Klipsch be any different?

That's an interesting topic to me. I am sure every company struggles with knowing they need to launch improvements over time. The bad PR part of doing so is there is a cut off point and all who buy before that generally do not have the option to buy new version at serious discounts nor does the last person get to exchange for new. I wonder how many improvements are held back at times to keep from making prior buyers mad. Making replacement parts for the Baking industry inevitably saw improvement over time but I never made them retroactive. You could however buy new ones that would still fit if at all possible.

Indeed the Forte 3's are good speakers but only the Forte 4 will sound as good as a Forte 4. I am excited to see real substantial improvements with Klipsch now and not just incremental ones. I know when Cory gets a set of the new Jubes in his showroom I am going to go and listen.

6 hours ago, Brian Tambe said:

PC's are the ones that get me. Right after I buy three of them at a time for my business they come out with some new thing I REALLY would rather have had almost like they said wait until Dave buys and then make the major improvements.

Driver technology is advancing quickly right now with superior computer modeling. Klipsch would be foolish to stay with "traditional" things when newer is often much better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brian Tambe said:

There are many phenolic drivers available for those that like to experiment in sound to purchase. Not that expensive to try and such an easy swap. 

https://www.parts-express.com/speaker-components/pro-woofers-tweeters-horns-horn-drivers/horn-drivers

On 2/13/2021 at 1:47 PM, John Ek said:

I’m inclined to prefer my wife over huge speakers, in particular if there’s a reasonable option when it comes to the speakers 🙂

She has actually told me to choose whatever I prefer, it’s just that I know she would rather have something smaller and less obtrusive. On the other hand, she doesn’t need long to determine if a speaker is good or not. She also likes speed and scale like me. 

In the end, it's all just stuff. My wife doesn't care about audio much at all, but I feel blessed that I have been able to have a pair of La Scalas and MWM cabinets in our fun room. The longer they are here, the smaller they look.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Marvel said:

In the end, it's all just stuff. My wife doesn't care about audio much at all, but I feel blessed that I have been able to have a pair of La Scalas and MWM cabinets in our fun room. The longer they are here, the smaller they look.

MWM's, an integral part of fine living room stereo systems. Just the right size.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These are my latest observations on the quality of sound thru the Forte IVs. I woke early and played my ‘Acoustic Cover Playlist’ at very low volume levels. I usually listen to my music at moderate to loud levels but the volume level was very low this morning. This early morning low volume music listening thing is a ritual I have done many times over many years.My impression is that the IVs are much smoother and at the same time much more dynamic at very low volume levels. Shockingly better than my Forte 1s ever sounded. Almost like pressing a loudness button on an old receiver. I think the IVs are going to surprise a lot of people, with just how good they sound. My wife told me last night she could hear the difference and liked them very much. She said to her they sounded much richer and I agree.

19 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

In general,  homes are smaller which will of course have an effect on resale value as less people will be able to accommodate large speakers. On the other hand, resale also depends on popularity of the brand. In most parts of Europe I don’t believe Klipsch as a brand are very strong, this will also likely affect resale, regardless of model.

16 hours ago, Fido said:

Some dude told me they sound as good as fortes

I think you may have been looking at that dude in the mirror! I have never made such a claim myself, but other have. I just put out curves, otherwise I would have left myself open for accusations like following Beranek's Law which was published the year I was born.

https://leachlegacy.ece.gatech.edu/beraneklaw.html