new Forte 4's

9 hours ago, Fido said:

I was the personal photographer for Hugh Hefner’s wife for over 10 years. I worked with many of the top playmates. It was fun but seriously work is work and no matter how good it looks to others it got tedious and boring for me.

This would have been a perfect time to implement the BS button they keep saying they are going to add to our "like" options.

Your story, tell it your way.

44 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I found those KT-170's Fido!

http://www.banzaimusic.com/kt170-tungsol-platinum-matched.html

I know you like your KT-150's but I wonder what these being to the table played through Forte 4's 😳

That would be a costly experiment with 8 kt170s and I do love the kt150s - that said I would love to hear them in my PL and the Forte IVs

45 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

This would have been a perfect time to implement the BS button they keep saying they are going to add to our "like" options.

Your story, tell it your way.

Thanks for giving me your permission🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Hi Fido, 

What a fascinating (and envious) lifestyle you've led!

Mine only comes close by way of working for Sir Ralph Halpern who owned a chain of stores in the UK called Top Shop & Top Man.... I worked for him whenever there was a Miss World Competition as they sponsored it way back then.... Used to meet each of the winners for six years, chatting and drinking with them, then taking official photos for promotional material and then the Public store appearances which were also taken by myself. That was a most enjoyable period for me!

20210222_113515.jpg

Beautiful work 😃

36 minutes ago, Fido said:

That would be a costly experiment with 8 kt170s and I do love the kt150s - that said I would love to hear them in my PL and the Forte IVs

Yes but you haven't heard the KT-170s.  You need to do it Fido.  You know you want to get the best sound you can from the EVO.  Hit the little lady up for some more coin. I'll await your review.

2 hours ago, richieb said:

Is $200/each + - the price for a KT 170? And times 8x? They had best take that Prima Luna into a entirely different dimension. A dimension in which you will never come close to a return on your investment. 

My kt150s sound great and they will not be getting replaced by $200 each x 8 kt170s

yikes - and I agree I would never get return on that investment

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fido said:

Yes I confess. I love women and being a glamor photographer for many years I shot with many gorgeous women and they turned me on to a lot of things like new music and young attitudes. For the most part it was a very positive thing but I think Social Media killed the energy for me. Went from wanting to be creative and capture beauty to women doing anything to get more followers.and... I will admit I find Taylor Swift very attractive - I would love to work with her!!!!!!

Hi @Fido

So you must be interested in a French singer who made wonderful music, who was beautiful, who acted in superb films, in short be curious and search for her music, her photos, her films, her life ... I am sure you will like it

nota: she is accompanied by the musicians of Elton John

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi @Fido

So you must be interested in a French singer who made wonderful music, who was beautiful, who acted in superb films, in short be curious and search for her music, her photos, her films, her life ... I am sure you will like it

nota: she is accompanied by the musicians of Elton John

thanks I will surely check her out - i appreciate the heads up

• Like 1

I just spent the last hour in my SWEET SPOT closely listening to many genres of music I have listened to many times. Now that the speakers are pretty well broken in I can critically analyze how they sound with my equipment and in the room I mostly listen to them in. Although I must admit that I listen to them even when I am upstairs like I am now and they sound much more musical  throughout my house than my old Forte 1s.

My first impression is that the soundstage is both wider and deeper with the image much more centered. With that extra width and depth there is also much greater separation between lead vocal and backup voices along with separation between singers, pianos, guitars, saxophones, and drums. 

My Forte 1s had dave As LMAHL Tweeters and they sounded awesome but the highs of the Forte IVs sound even better and more accurate. I have no idea if that is because of the blend between the new Midrange driver or new phase plug in the IVs tweeter. BUT... midrange and upper end is better to my ears on the IVs by quite a lot.

The biggest surprise for me was how much better the low end sounds. Much more bass authority  - PUNCH! And because the woofer sounds so much better it blends with my subwoofer much better and so all lower end music is much more authoritative in almost any song I listened to.

My initial listen showed that the new IVs were more enjoyable than my old Forte 1s but now that they are placed where I want them and broken in pretty good they are a MAJOR UPGRADE - Totally worth the $$$$ to me. Bottom line is I love the sound they produce!

• Like 1

It’s hard NOT to say how awesome they are ...   hopefully others will chime in soon saying they received a pair.    I counted and this is my  13th pair of speakers since I was about 15.

My bucket list speaker I would have to say is LaScala but even if that dream comes true some day I will keep these Forte