new Forte 4's

2 minutes ago, Fido said:

My super heresys sound very close to my Forte 1s as confirmed by my wife as she critically compared them.

Well then, you must have referred to your beautiful wife as "some dude" to protect her from any potential personal criticism. Like the disclaimers in books and movies, written by Lawyers: "The names have been changed to protect the innocent."...............................................which as in politics, the names are actually changed to protect the guilty! LOL.

Of course I will always protect my wife from the scrutiny of the mostly men on this audio forum. A place where almost everyone thinks it is always better no matter what the situation to have bigger speakers and more and more powerful bass. Big big bigger! Testosterone on steroids!

2 minutes ago, Fido said:

Of course I will always protect my wife from the scrutiny of the mostly men on this audio forum. A place where almost everyone thinks it is always better no matter what the situation to have bigger speakers and more and more powerful bass. Big big bigger! Testosterone on steroids!

I wonder if Forums of mostly Women refer to us as BAF or HAF when they discuss out "acceptance factor." Did you ever wonder? LOL

I had a great Klipsch wife too, she arranged for me to fly to hope for a plant tour as a birthday surprise.  Subsequently I wrote PWK a letter to request a meeting on that day, which he more than obliged. The rest is history.

4 hours ago, Roger D. said:

I got the IV's (natural cherry finish) on 2/5/21 and have been rocking out since then.

Love the sound stage and live music feel. 

IMG_2154-1.jpeg

Congratulations on getting one of the first pairs of those beautiful natural cherry Forte IVs. I received my Cherry Forte IVs on Friday and bought a set of lambs wool grills to make them blend with my decor.I totally agree what you said about the sound stage and live music feel. They are spectacular.Enjoy!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing even more real user reviews. 

7 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Congrats to all the new Forte IV owners. It seems like these are hitting the streets at quite a pace. The CW IV was more of a trickle. This is like the floodgate opened up.

I really look forward to hearing a pair.

Shakey

And Klipsch Inc. is looking forward to selling more pairs. IF the Forte was the "best selling" of the bunch, why was it the last IV "out of the gate" so to speak? I'm guessing the Forte III was selling so well, that they did not want to interrupt those sales, aye?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Told the Cheif when the 3s were just coming out they would be a hit. Guess so... cool!

Not everyone has the room or cash for the heritage line-- I myself have passed on a few "deals" over the years on Klipshorns and La Scalas simply because I've never had the space for such large speakers, let alone the blessing of the boss otherwise known as the wife. I somehow convinced her though that the Chorus line was a relatively "small" speaker... 🤔

The forte does seem to be the a good size for most homes and light enough to move around fairly easy with one person. Although the Chorus is only slightly larger they seem a bit more awkward and significantly heavier to move around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjptkd said:

Not everyone has the room or cash for the heritage line-- I myself have passed on a few "deals" over the years on Klipshorns and La Scalas simply because I've never had the space for such large speakers, let alone the blessing of the boss otherwise known as the wife. I somehow convinced her though that the Chorus line was a relatively "small" speaker... 🤔

The forte does seem to be the a good size for most homes and light enough to move around fairly easy with one person. Although the Chorus is only slightly larger they seem a bit more awkward and significantly heavier to move around.

You did a good job at convincing.

At 89 lbs yes a bit heavy but worth it.

Was going to say, but agree that the size and weight of the Forte' line has to be a good selling point besides.

Saying what you already have known.

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Told the Cheif when the 3s were just coming out they would be a hit. Guess so... cool!

One never knows when right or wrong, but having similar conclusions from different people separated by time and geography helps make the hypothesis more correct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

One never know when right or wrong, but having similar conclusions from different people separated by time and geography helps make the hypothesis more correct.

Thinking we have that consensus, especially now after hearing from some the new IV users.

Yet as you say, you never know.

(My words)... Thanks!

On 2/15/2021 at 12:19 PM, Fido said:

My super heresys sound very close to my Forte 1s as confirmed by my wife as she critically compared them.

Just remember, as PWK always said: "the midrange is where we live, and we have spent more R&D there than on the bass" or something like that.

The Super Heresy is over 40 years old and uses, essentially, the same midrange as the Forte I. The Forte IV is an accumulation of R&D from Klipsch by R.D. (the Chief) and applied to the greatest "compromise" speaker ever developed by Klipsch, IMHO. I use a pair as side surrounds currently, so it's not an "unheard opinion" like most of the typical waste of words on this forum. PWK borrowed a phrase from Packard Advertisements to promote his Khorns, historically, which was: "Ask the man who owns one."

44 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Just remember, as PWK always said: "the midrange is where we live, and we have spent more R&D there than on the bass" or something like that.

The Super Heresy is over 40 years old and uses, essentially, the same midrange as the Forte I. The Forte IV is an accumulation of R&D from Klipsch by R.D. (the Chief) and applied to the greatest "compromise" speaker ever developed by Klipsch, IMHO. I use a pair as side surrounds currently, so it's not an "unheard opinion" like most of the typical waste of words on this forum. PWK borrowed a phrase from Packard Advertisements to promote his Khorns, historically, which was: "Ask the man who owns one."

Since I used my own $$$$ to buy the Kkipsch Forte IVs the only opinion about them that really matters to me is my own. I only try and share my impressions to the best of my abilities so people can hear opinions about them from someone other than the marketing people at Klipsch. Since I have no investment in the Klipsch company I am not here to help them market their products. 

It is very early in the listening experience with the new IVs as they are just BARELY starting to break in.And... I only have my modified Forte 1s to compare them to and my old Cerwin Vega speakers. Both sets of those were used for years in the same room and same space as the IVs.The Cerwin Vegas were big and bad with monster bass and were rock and roll heaven in my younger days but really only sounded good at ear bleed levels. My Forte 1s sounded pretty good and much better after adding Dave As LMAHL Tweeters.

This brings me to the IVs. The differences are DRAMATIC!!!!! They are flat out on a much HIGHER  level. Soundstage is so deep and wide and detailed. Listening to all genres at all levels quickly shows what a QUANTUM leap the IVs are. They have addressed everything I found missing in my Forte Is.I have no clue how they compare to Forte IIIs as I have never heard the IIIs so I can obviously not compare them to the IVs.

Like the other people on this Forum who already own the IVs have said - "I can not stop listening" and not because I am listening to the speakers. Instead it is because the music I have listened to for many years is drawing me in so much more and I think that is my ultimate goal. Listening to more music and enjoying it more and more.

I think most people that like the Klipsch sound would find the Forte IVs very enjoyable.  always - JUST my opinion for whatever that is worth

• Like 6