Single Cornwall 2 for $100!

justin_tx_16

Sell: Cornwall II

I don't have design specs for a Cornwall II but I do have a single Cornwall (Type CD BR from the label on the back). I picked it up some years ago and have never gotten around to doing anything with it. I would love to sell it. Perhaps someone can use it as a model to build cabinets. I have never tested it but I belive it complete and fully functional. If anyone is interested I am in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and will sell it for $100.

Date: November 2002 new-nov-2002.gif

Name: Matthew Wilburn

Address: Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Tel:

Model: Cornwall II

Price: $100

Interested ? E-mail m_s_wilburn@hotmail.com

Yeah, Justin...go for it...and grab up all the rest of the Heritage models you can too! Just promise me ONE THING!! When your Dad gets home, and sees you surrounded by Heritage speakers while you're playing air guitar...tell me about the look on his face!! Please!! LOL! That's all I ask!! 9.gif

Will do! :)

I am thinking two herey's and a cornwall should should great... how would i connect this HDBR? should i get another cornwall and use the speaker B output to power all four or is that asking for trouble? I am about to get a 2003 Honda Accord LX6... but maybe my audiophile addicition will take over haha. (Only $278 a month)

If i just got the one, how would i power it?

I was kidding, Justin...LOL! Getting that single Cornwall might make sense if you had something besides Heresys to put it between. If you had TWO cornwalls, then you would prolly just make THEM your "speaker A" speakers, and the Heresys your "speaker B" speakers. Unless you do that set-up PWK wrote about for a center channel, you won't be able to do that with your H/K 430, anyway.

Im not sure if it has the K-43 or the K-48, but Justin, the drivers are worth more than $100.00!

So buy it, sell the drivers, crossover ETC, put a strong handle on it, and pack your heresys inside it, for a carrying case LOL!

Im half tempted to have you grab it for me, then ill wait for another single!

Might take years! LOL

Regards Jim9.gif

Jim,

That's a real cute "Cornell-wall" you've got positioned in front of your Khorn! Luckily, she looks more like Glenda than you...2.gif

BTW, I emailed the seller,,,It's a Cornwall I, not a"II", ser.#14S925. Justin should def. p. this up, whether he uses it, or sells it, but it's a very easy decision when it's someone elses time and money, huh?9.gif

feeknee

Since it is a Decorator Cornwall made in 1978, it could be either the earlier flush-front version OR the later drop-in front version...the changeover of cabinet build occurred in the spring of 1978. Either way, it is very cheap...even moreso if it is fully functional. Although not necessarily within commuting distance of Justin, it is at least within Texas...and interstate driving most of the way...it could be worse...if it was in El Paso instead of the Dallas area...LOL! If Justin picked it up, and it is fully functioning, then he could always use it as a center channel later on between a pair of K-horns or Cornwalls...or he could look to pick yet another single down the line and have a pair of them. If the cabinet is in raggedy condition, though, then he may have a problem with keeping it around the house unless the cabinet is rebuilt...or a new one built for the components. Decisions, Decisions...LOL! I can see the wheels turning in Justin's head already...LOL! ("The money I saved on not having to buy a headphone amp could be put toward this and another single down the line...but where would I put it? If it looks really bad, but sounds good, will Mom let me keep it in the house? I know!!...I can use it out by the pool in the summer...and keep it in the poolhouse so that Mom doesn't have to look at it! Let me see here...the gas to drive round trip from Houston to Dallas is gonna cost around.....") 9.gif

BTW...It won't have a K-43 OR a K-48 woofer....it will have a K-33 woofer...the same as the LaScala and the K-horn had in those years...inside it! Unless it was specifically ordered with a different woofer, which is not likely. It will also have a type "B" network, a K-55V mid driver, and a K-77 tweeter. If it is the flush-front style cabinet, it may likely NOT have any grille cloth on it, either. It is also HIGHLY likely that it will have my builder code on the back of it.

Not if its a cornwall 1 no, Man we should pick up the drivers, all 3 for $100.00 and a crossover left to sell!

I would consider this, but i bought a K-33 woofer for a spare, and all it did was lay around for 2 years!

Hey Andy

Did Klipsch ever test the chorus woofer for the Klipschorn?

Sometimes i woonder how it would sound!

LOL

Regards Jim

Justin can use it as storage for his Heresy's, HK receiver, and camera gear!

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the Dallas/Houston commute. At least he'd be able to see that beautiful late fall folliage display of which Texans are so proud (???).

Who among us lives in or close to Dallas?

fini

Well, Jim...

When I left Klipsch in 9/83, the speakers in production were the Heresy, Cornwall, LaScala, Belle, and K-horn...with the KG2 already going out the door, too. There was also a KG3...but not quite in production yet. There were a number of other models being R&D'd at the time. Some were floor models with one or two passive radiators firing to the rear...some were utilizing active radiators firing to the rear...all were ported.m As for any testing for other woofers for the K-horn...there was ALWAYS some testing of different woofers in the k-horn going on...and I would imagine there still is.

Fini...

Justin could always grab up another HK430 to build a system for his room at home after he hightails it off to college...one on eBay right now with relatively low buy it now price, too! There is also an HK630 and an HK730 up for grabs on Ebay at the moment...they are great units, too! Or he could invest in some tube stuff as it shows up inexpensively. He could grab up this Cornwall...and patiently wait for another single to come along...and they do on occassion...slowly getting an "at home from college for the weekend or holidays" system built up. He is already pretty surprised at how low his Heresys go with the H/K...wait til he hears Cornwalls with one!! LOL! I figure that he had well over twice what he has paid so far tagged for a college system...what he does with that savings...who knows?? One thing for sure...the Heritage and vintage bugs have both bitten him HARD, and at the same time too!! LOL!

just, that could be a great center for a future multi-channel sys too i'd think. u know that 75% or more of the sound in movies comes from the center channel thang. 4-6 heresy, a good sub & a cornwall center would be a great ht sys.

that is if the cornwall would fit in the center. i know my 27" sony tv would fit fine on top of my cornwall if i had the space. would probably have to magnetically shield it too though.

I have family in dallas. and i may actually be going to dallas the 26th! I am going to Midland Texas for my friends sisters wedding. It has a stop in Dallas, so on th eway home maybe if there is enough time between flights I could get this shippe dont he plane with me... will they do that?

otherwise i am sure my family up there would hold them for me.

the drive is not that bad really. just up I-45 for about 6 hours.