Surround speaker 5.2

garyclayton

I want to build a 5.2 surround system built around my recently purchased

RF-7lll speakers.  Can you fellow Klipsch speaker lovers recommend the Klipsch matches to these towers.  The room is about 300 sq ft.  So I need a recommendation for the centre channel, 2 rear speakers and 2 subwoofers that match up with the RF-7's.

Thanks all, Gary

Welcome, very nice speakers you have there, they sound and look stunning. The matching center is the RC-64lll, redesigned the same time Klipsch updated the RF7ll. It's one of the best centers on the market. The recommended surround for a 5 channel HT is a RP-5000sa, it's a wall mounted surround, but I prefer a bookshelf speaker like a RP600m (the RP600m is the recommended rear surround speaker for a 7 channel HT) I like the monitor better because it's much easier to place, they have to set on a shelf or stand, but can be placed  anywhere. As far as subs, there are many choices, Klipsch makes a SPL-150, it matches well. 

Curious where you purchased your RF7llls? There's a couple forum members that are Klipsch dealers, they take good care of us.

Welcome. I have a "legacy" RF7,RC7 and RS7 setup, purchased new in the early 2000's. I would second the RC-64iii as the center for your fronts.

I can't add much more than @Ceptorman has already said for the surrounds.

I will say this - do not limit yourself to Klipsch subwoofers. I had a RSW-15 with my original setup, worked great. It died a few years ago, and I replaced it with a SVS PB16-Ultra sub and I am very impressed.

ToThanks Ceptorman and Amstaff, I am in the Vancouver BC area, I purchased my speakers from a company in Maple Ridge ( Vancouver suberb) called Haney Sound and Appliances.

I tried to get car at Klipsch to get their recommendations however was unable to get anyone by phone or email. I really appreciate your help.  Ceptorman, those recommendations sound excellent I will be checking them out.  My main use will be to listen to music over movies however I will be doing both.  Any recommendations you might have for an amp for these speakers as a 5.2 system?

Thanks again, Gary

Hey Gary, it really depends on your budget. You can get an AVR to handle 2 channel and movies, Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, and others. AVR's range in price form $300-3000. Or you can go separates, they can have a better sound, but adds gear. 

An example.....I use a 2 channel pre-amp to listen to music, it has a separate power amp for it. But for movies I use a 7.1 channel AVR, I use the same towers and sub for both systems. I put more emphasis in music, so the pre and amp was 3x the cost of my AVR. 

I will add.....a high end AVR is capable pf performing both 2 channel and movie tasks. They just have all the separate gear in one unit. 

It all depends on how far you want to go.