First Klipsch experience, H4 and CW4 I am stunned

Fasthenk65

New to this forum. After downsizing the last years from hi-end naim chains (I didn't listen to music anymore but was busy with the equipment) I decided I needed something which was about music, easy and simple and fun. Via the Internet I found Klipsch. Today I had my first listening experience. First the Heresy iv's then the Cornwall iv's. All on a simple SS amp (Cambridge CXA61 + V2 streamer).

Amazing. Difficult to describe but I try: 'easy on the ears', forgiving, wonderful with vocals, midrange superb, no need for subs, bass was there.... These were the Heresy's. The switch to the CW's was another huge step. Everything ' larger'... When we finally changed the CA SS amp for a tube amp (simple Melody with EL'34's) it added 'extra layers' and some warmth. Liked it lot's.

Most probably I buy the Heresy's (CW to big) to combine with the Cambridge set, a Naim atom or dive into tubes 🙂 But I promised myself to keep things as simple as possible 🙂 

I am in love wish I had heard Klipsch earlier!

Any recommendation on amp/streamer would be welcome! Thank you all!

Edited by Fasthenk65
  • Like 5

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  (and welcome!!)

If you read around the internet, speakers with horns in them are supposed to be honky.  Welcome to the enlightened crowd but keep it quiet.  We don't want 'anybody' in here (we already have our....cough.... Oldtimers)...

• Like 1

Thank you all. Still bit scary of tubes (looking for simple Naim atom) but if really so much better I go for it. Maybe something not so expensive like Unison Research Simply Italy or entry level Prima Luna... I can't wait to buy the Klipsch, will be early March (new home). Again thank you all.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. My first klipsch experience was in the mid 90s with a pair of KG 3.5s I bought brand new. I wasn't all that impressed and moved on pretty quickly. Then about ten years ago a buddy brought over a beat up pair of original Heresys and I was hooked.

For amps I am always going to recommend tubes, since I am firmly entrenched in that camp. As for streamers, I like Lumin. But if funds are an issue, the Bluesound Node 2i is a very good streamer at it's price point.

Shakey

4 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Thank you all. Still bit scary of tubes (looking for simple Naim atom) but if really so much better I go for it. Maybe something not so expensive like Unison Research Simply Italy or entry level Prima Luna... I can't wait to buy the Klipsch, will be early March (new home). Again thank you all.

In the mean time, you can read this very inspiring Steve Huff review, with the H4 in the centre piece!

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2020/12/23/hifi-the-willsenton-r8-integrated-tube-amplifier-is-a-no-brainer-buy/

2 hours ago, Bacek said:

Too big it's relative Stick wit CW and for a long time you will not be tempted to switch to something else.

My new house's living room is only 17,4 feet (wide)  by 12,8 feet (listening position 10 feet from wall) and rather high with 9,8 feet roughly. If I can place the CW's (I think I can) would the room not be too small for CW's?? really like to know. Anybody?

13 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

My new house's living room is only 17,4 feet (wide)  by 12,8 feet (listening position 10 feet from wall) and rather high with 9,8 feet roughly. If I can place the CW's (I think I can) would the room not be too small for CW's?? really like to know. Anybody?

If you can put them in the corners, left and right, that would be ideal, in fact!

Steve Huff wrote about the CW4s too: https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2020/04/13/klipsch-cornwall-iv-speaker-review-the-gentle-giant/

This is his setup:

IMG_7386-680x510.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I run La Scalas in similar room and I want to go bigger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

Steve now says that the Heresy IV sounds better to his ears. I'm not surprised at that considering the size of his room.

Shakey

23 minutes ago, Bacek said:

I run La Scalas in similar room and I want to go bigger.

To paraphrase Mr. Bonehead - the smaller the room, the larger the horn - 

• Like 1

To paraphrase Mr. Bonehead - the smaller the room, the larger the horn - 

I agree to a point. However I know someone with a room that size running Forte IIIs. I can't imagine anything larger in such a small space. The Fortes are almost too much.

Shakey