1981 HERESYS REDONE WITH MOTTLED EUCALYPTUS CONSECUTIVE SNSS VENEER $650.00

longdrive03

$650 pickup to forum members.

Will ship if you pay the packing, shipping and supplies cost.

These are 1981 consecutive number Heresys (114 W708 and 709) that I rehabbed.  I got these puppies finished (now working on another Heresy redo in the same veneer (Mottled Eucalyptus). Serial number 114 W708 and 709.  K22R woofers cast K700 mid horns, K55 drivers and K77 square magnet tweeter with Type E crossovers with slightly used  Sonicap capacitors installed (got them from Wuzzers)

Here is the link to the tech mod post on these earlier for reference. 

I installed front to back mid braces and reinforced all joints with screws before veneering.  6 coats of wipe on poly then wet sand with 500 grit then paste wax applied with 0000 steel wool.

.  Original Klipsch grill frame with neo magnets installed under veneer.

I installed front to back mid brace.  

Selling for $650 to Klipsch members (plus shipping cost) or can pickup in LIttle Rock.  Will upload more pics.

Thanks. 

Longdrive03.

IMG_3894.JPG

IMG_3901.JPG

IMG_3897.JPG

IMG_3905.JPG

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@longdrive03

You excel at this hobby of yours, or have you done custom cabinetry for years before!

The speaker cabinets are seemingly always a unique beautiful veneer and definitely a quality job!

GLWYS

I can "date" how long he's been wood working and he'll hate me for this as I'v mentioned it to him before.  I got my first car, a 1981 AMC Spirit (one step above a pacer) when my grandfather made a deal with me that if I would sell my motorcycle, he'd buy me a car.  Bad part is, I should have found out what car that was going to be first.  ha.  But it was mid October 1982 and I was 16 years old and had a car with no stereo....and I loved stereo things already.  I went and bought a Concord AM/FM cassette and an ads Power Plate amplifier that I bought brand new from the local store (Softmart in Searcy, AR I believe it was).  A friend at my church knew that Ken built speakers and got me in touch with him and he made me a set of 2-way cabinet speakers using a 6.5" woofer and dome tweeters (Can't remember the brand) but this little system jammed in my hatchback and set my direction into a 25 year future of home A/V and car audio employment.

@longdrive03  aka Ken, is a great guy and does outstanding work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

Thanks Rockhound!  Appreciate the free pub!!!

Thanks JohnJ.  Appreciate the compliments.  Just  a hobby - I'm lawyer in real life.  

Longdrive03

Tuned our nice again.

I still owe you another set, you ready to start?

A little disappointed to hear about the lawyer thing, but you get a pass cuz you like woodworking and speakers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Tuned our nice again.

I still owe you another set, you ready to start?

A little disappointed to hear about the lawyer thing, but you get a pass cuz you like woodworking and speakers.

10 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

Hey I defend people when they get sued!  No criminal work. 

With Mookie’s comment I’d make him sweat the lawsuit before accepting the case 🥵. Then present him a bill equal to or above what he would have paid loosing the case - 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richieb said:

With Mookie’s comment I’d make him sweat the lawsuit before accepting the case 🥵. Then present him a bill equal to or above what he would have paid loosing the case - 

10 hours ago, longdrive03 said:

Hey that’s a good idea!  Why didn’t I think of that!

That's exactly how it works! That's the very first class in lawyer school!

I have a perfect example of that, but dont want to mess up this nice for sale thread.

Member for several years, but, not much of a poster...more of a stalker I guess. Interested in these, that's some beautiful cabinet work. Curious as to what the crossover and mid/tweeter work does for the sound signature? Depth? Smooth out the edges? Anyone had any info to share I'd be very appreciative. PM coming