RC-7 with DeanG Style Mod

Majestictone

Good Afternoon,

I just recently purchased this RC-7 that has this crossover mod installed, I have not received it yet and could not tell you what my expectations are since I have not heard the RC-7 before but everyone was suggesting to get the RC-7 to best match my RF-5's.  I've searched the forums and all I happen to find are topics of the RF-7+'s with the crossover mods. Is there any reason if I should or can this mod be done to the RF-5's?  Thanks in advance for your input

Albert

On 2/6/2021 at 1:07 PM, Sadie42 said:

Googling works better than using the search tool for this message board. Looks like the modification addresses a specific problem that probably isn’t applicable to the RF5.

Thank You Sadie45.... Haven't found much more on this question....

On 2/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, Majestictone said:

Good Afternoon,

I just recently purchased this RC-7 that has this crossover mod installed, I have not received it yet and could not tell you what my expectations are since I have not heard the RC-7 before but everyone was suggesting to get the RC-7 to best match my RF-5's.  I've searched the forums and all I happen to find are topics of the RF-7+'s with the crossover mods. Is there any reason if I should or can this mod be done to the RF-5's?  Thanks in advance for your input

Albert

The "mod" that makes the most difference in the RF-7's is adding a resistor to the HF circuit.  The rest of the changes Dean made to the RF-7 crossover were swapping stock parts with different ones of the same value.  The RF-5 does not need the resistor mod that the RF-7 does.

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The "mod" that makes the most difference in the RF-7's is adding a resistor to the HF circuit.  The rest of the changes Dean made to the RF-7 crossover were swapping stock parts with different ones of the same value.  The RF-5 does not need the resistor mod that the RF-7 does.

Thanks CECAA850, I've been searching hi & lo and with what I discovered is that the RF-5's is what I would call my youngest daughter a "Hybrid" in that she has all the traits of her Mom and older sister but extraordinary flare.  LOL I do love how they sound and finally completing my own Holy-Trinity with the RC-7 with the mod, RS-7, (& RS-3's for the rear) I couldn't be happier said no man ever that has become an audioholic....

I've waited for over 25 years to get Klipsch's product and it's been so worth the wait and now I have the perfect wife who supports my hobbies and who also tells me to "TURN IT UP" !!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Majestictone said:

Thanks CECAA850, I've been searching hi & lo and with what I discovered is that the RF-5's is what I would call my youngest daughter a "Hybrid" in that she has all the traits of her Mom and older sister but extraordinary flare.  LOL I do love how they sound and finally completing my own Holy-Trinity with the RC-7 with the mod, RS-7, (& RS-3's for the rear) I couldn't be happier said no man ever that has become an audioholic....

I've waited for over 25 years to get Klipsch's product and it's been so worth the wait and now I have the perfect wife who supports my hobbies and who also tells me to "TURN IT UP" !!!!!

Use a good high current amp on those RF-5's and they'll really pound.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Use a good high current amp on those RF-5's and they'll really pound.

Just purchased  a Acurus A125 x 5 in Mint Condition, still hasn't arrived yet but I am pretty excited about it. Going to tap into the Denon X4700 with it.    Oh and I forgot to mention the two SVS PB16 Ultra's to round up my little HT project. 

1 hour ago, Majestictone said:

Just purchased  a Acurus A125 x 5 in Mint Condition, still hasn't arrived yet but I am pretty excited about it. Going to tap into the Denon X4700 with it.    Oh and I forgot to mention the two SVS PB16 Ultra's to round up my little HT project. 

You're much better off using a stand alone amp most times, than the amp section of the receiver.  You should like it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1