Movie Theater La Scalas and Other Big Stuff - St. Paul, MN

bpplaysguitar

Wow, sweet deal!  Wish I had the room and the $2K! 

45 years years ago I had the 18" EV theater sub corner horn (scaled up 20% from 15" K-horn) built in 1949-1950 by EV.

Removed adaptor baffle for blown 15", tried CTS 18", ripped it apart in a week with a McIntosh MC-60 tube amplifier.

Swapped in EVM-18B, unreal improvement. Response was flat, up 1dB @ 20 Hz on a Urei Sonipulse analyzer!

Played thunderstorm recordings as the girls got off the bus - looking for the clouds on a bright sunny day.

Nothing like 20 Hz to 40 Hz bottom octave, you either have it or you want it!

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

That is a fantastic deal for someone with space, money, time and a truck.

I've got everything except the truck and I'm about two hours away.  You have no idea how tempted I am to rent a van or something to get those. 

Especially since I could easily get $2k for my current setup so I'd have no money out of pocket.  🥵

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I've got everything except the truck and I'm about two hours away.  You have no idea how tempted I am to rent a van or something to get those. 

Especially since I could easily get $2k for my current setup so I'd have no money out of pocket.  🥵

Rented a flatbed truck with lift from home depot. Looked like it may haul all 4 speakers.

Beware, I am an enabler.

Think it over carefully if in any way serious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Rent a U-Haul and add some 402’s. 

20 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

We think you should do it!

• Like 1