SOLD: AT OC9/III MC Cartridge - $350 shipped

tlarwa

UPDATE:  You may have seen this one for sale earlier this year.  The cartridge was sold and shipped, and then it went into USPS Priority Mail purgatory.  It amazingly ended up getting shippedt h 3 months later!  But he understandably made another cartridge purchase in the meantime, so this one is back with me, and back on the market.  It is in the same excellent condition it was in when I originally sold it for the first time.

Perfect shape with less than 50 hours use. Was deciding between this and the Zu Denon I just sold when I got a deal on a Soundsmith Zephyr that I always wanted. I'll cover PP fees and shipping in the CONUS. By the way, I've run an OC9/MLII and an AT33/PTG, and the OC9/III is probably my favorite of the 3. Definitely better than the OC9/MLII.  I have more pics I can email, just ask.  

unnamed (3).jpg

• Like 1

If I could afford to hoard?

It would be exactly like this!

If the man says it's comparable to the AT33-PTGs This is a revealing, articulate cart that's best used with a good rig that can extrapolate all the highly separated full range info being sent to it. The cut of the stylus covers more of the groove, pulls out more of the recording and is less taxing on the vinyl.

Go with the trendy options, or get something that will open you library up like you've never heard it before!

GLWYS!

On 2/7/2021 at 8:29 AM, tlarwa said:

UPDATE:  You may have seen this one for sale earlier this year.  The cartridge was sold and shipped, and then it went into USPS Priority Mail purgatory.  It amazingly ended up getting shippedt h 3 months later!  But he understandably made another cartridge purchase in the meantime, so this one is back with me, and back on the market.  It is in the same excellent condition it was in when I originally sold it for the first time.

Perfect shape with less than 50 hours use. Was deciding between this and the Zu Denon I just sold when I got a deal on a Soundsmith Zephyr that I always wanted. I'll cover PP fees and shipping in the CONUS. By the way, I've run an OC9/MLII and an AT33/PTG, and the OC9/III is probably my favorite of the 3. Definitely better than the OC9/MLII.  I have more pics I can email, just ask.  

unnamed (3).jpg

Is the body threaded or do you have to use nut and bolt to mount the cartridge ?

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Hi Joe,    https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/at-oc9-iii  Looks like regular half inch with nuts and bolts. Mine's similar

This might even satisfy your good ears!

I would like to try it but if its nuts and bolt mount that leaves me out, My tremor barely allows me to put a screw in a threaded body cart. Holding a cart and a nut while trying to line up a screw is outta the question, I would also play HE!! aligning the cart................Just not worth the added hassles for me

22 minutes ago, captmobley said:

Well, I’m willing to give this a shot.

Email me your PayPal info to

captmobley@gmail.com and I’ll send $ right away.  Thanx, Jim

All yours ... and I'll be surprised if you're not happy with it.  It's a great sounding cartridge.  

22 minutes ago, captmobley said:

Well, I’m willing to give this a shot.

Email me your PayPal info to

captmobley@gmail.com and I’ll send $ right away.  Thanx, Jim

congrats -