Heresy???

geezin'

For some unknown reason I just got a jones for Heresy Speakers. I have a 1965 Fisher 440T and think a pair of 1st generations would match it well. Having never heard them could I get some feedback? I'm currently using a pair of R-610F and am happy with them. Mostly classic rock but big band,jazz and classical are not rare either. In fact Beethoven's Coriolan Overture Op. 62 is playing right now.

I'm aware of the opinions they're not audiophile,lack bass,ect. and prefer to decide for myself if that's the case. In fact I think most music these days is a bit heavy on bass and it makes the delivery cloudy.

• Like 1

Heresy are small (when compared to other Heritage speakers!), and well worth the investment.  They are extremely "sensitive", which means you get great sound out of lower wattage, vintage stereo equipment.

I own two pair, my first were a pair of beaters so I turned them into faux pros.  And did the "Super Heresy" mod on them.  They sound great.

The second pair are Heresy 'E' (The 'E' is for Export), sold in a PX overseas, and brought back to the States.  I purchased them from the original owner who had not used them since the '80's.  They are 100% original and sound fantastic!       @geezin'

• Like 1

Finally got a pair, and was not in the least disappointed. It is a 1.

Without a recap, think these are all around and think you will find them acceptable with your music and the bass.

Enjoy...

Think audiophiles hear have approved for some time now.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Heresys are good speakers, no qualifications

I have had mine for 40 years and would never sell them

I sampled all of the Klipsch products at the time in a fully equipped show room

In the showroom, you had to turn up the bass on the Heresy to match the LaScala's normal bass, that is all.

You can always add powered subs if you fav music requires a lot of bumping....

YMMV

I loved my Heresy, they were a fun speaker...   would have loved to keep them but needed the trade in value to make purchasing the Forte IV a reality.   I picked up a mint pair of Heresy II for my brother last year.  He loves them. The form factor makes it an easy sell for your significant other if the WAF figures into the equation.   Pair them with a good sub and that combo is hard to beat