A/V Integrated Amp Without a TV Interface

Peter P.

I'm interested in running an A/V integrated amp solely in 2.1 channel mode so I can take advantage of speaker high-pass filtering (you set your front left/right speakers to small/large, or pick the high pass frequency). I want to provide a high pass frequency to protect my Heresy's below their low frequency cutoff, while using a subwoofer to pick up the bottom octave.

Are there any A/V integrated amps that can access the settings via a front panel display, vs. having to via a TV. I don't own a TV and don't care to get one just to set up the amp.

Not interested in high end stuff nor do I need a lot of power, but if that's all there is, feel free to mention them.

Thanks!

Heresy's are sealed boxes, so they won't unload below resonance like a ported speaker.  You could add a series capacitor to block lower bass frequencies the Heresy can't reproduce to take a load off your amplifier.  Choose a value so Xc = 8Ω at 30 Hz or whereever you like.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=capacitive+reactance+chart&t=ffab&atb=v1-1&iax=images&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Flevetiere.pagesperso-orange.fr%2Flevetiere%2FFiches_techniques%2FEntrees%2F2010%2F9%2F26_Reactance_Chart_files%2FReactanceChart.png

I have 5 of them I play with and like all of them.

Get the manuals off of Hifiengine

Check the reviews on Audio Review and search  the unit and review.

on some of the units you can set it for 2.0 or 2.1

and get direct access to the built in equalizer

The big vs little speaker setting may work but be sure to read the manual on the frequencies

With some, if you have a good built in DAC and use the direct feature, the SN goes to 120db

The pre HDMI units are very inexpensive and many are great AB amps with lots of features

like the Sony ES line read the reviews some are lemons, Harmon Kardon, Marantz, Yamaha and Pioneer and others I haven't researched.

The best of them on Craigslist have an ask of $200 with few if any takers

More realistic sellers may take $50 for a $1500 unit that it 10-15 years old.

YMMV