RC-7 Crossover Rebuild

Vaski1

Greetings, Long time Klipsch owner but new to forum.. just picked up a very lovely sounding RC-7, not sure why I waited so long., now being used as my center channel. Since Crites passed recently,, my condolences to his family and friends, .. and it looks like DeanG is retired from retirement,, who is reputable to take on a crossover rebuild/refresh?  While my new used speaker is working as expected, it is original and stock so I am sure at a minimum the caps need updating.. after 12-15 years, maybe more?

Thanks, Mike 

I agree using Crites. Son has probably been running the show for a number of years. That being said if you like the sound of your speakers now why try and fix something that is not broken? Film caps last much longer than most think. Sure you could test them and the the spec's may be off some but what one measures and what one hears are two different things. Testing is just a tool, not the final word. If you decide to replace caps be sure and save your old ones just in case. 

On 2/8/2021 at 5:17 PM, Ottodog said:

I have the same question. My RF7s are 20 years old. Love them, and my long gone Chorus IIs. I am interested in a recap for my 2 RF7s and my RC7, but I don’t know where to start. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I doubt your 7's are in need at this time.

If you want to do anything, add the resistor to the HF boards.  It makes a huge difference.