Kg 3.2 spikes with caps

xo705cf

Wondering if anybody has the spikes and caps for one kg 3.2 speaker...  Found them on eBay but I really don’t want to pay $11 per spike, Considering only paid $100 for the speaker itself, Let me know if you guys have any I’d be willing to pay just want a little bit more of a reasonable price than what I found on eBay...   

4 minutes ago, xo705cf said:

Wondering if anybody has the spikes and caps for one kg 3.2 speaker...  Found them on eBay but I really don’t want to pay $11 per spike, Considering only paid $100 for the speaker itself, Let me know if you guys have any I’d be willing to pay just want a little bit more of a reasonable price than what I found on eBay...   

are you going to be using these on a carpeted floor or on a solid surface? If a bare floor then it is better to use furniture leveling feet. they have a standard 1/4-20 thread and a firm nylon foot no marks sound excellent safe to use and easy to position (unlike spikes). you can use a locking nut to set them at the height you want.

MDI Mfg. 609-4636-00, Octagonal Leveling Glides, Polyethylene, 1in Base dia., 5/16-18 Thread, 1-1/2 Stem

• Like 1

The leveling feet do work on carpet so long as there is not a double under pad, they are so cheap you can give them a a try and see. If there is a really thick under pad you can still use the feet along with a set of those teflon appliance pads that let you slide the appliance around easily. My H3 are on that exact set up with my four post Slylan Stands they are super easy to set up and sound better than the spikes I had previously been using.

Klipsch Heresy 3 on Skylan Stands.jpg

16 hours ago, moray james said:

are you going to be using these on a carpeted floor or on a solid surface? If a bare floor then it is better to use furniture leveling feet. they have a standard 1/4-20 thread and a firm nylon foot no marks sound excellent safe to use and easy to position (unlike spikes). you can use a locking nut to set them at the height you want.

MDI Mfg. 609-4636-00, Octagonal Leveling Glides, Polyethylene, 1in Base dia., 5/16-18 Thread, 1-1/2 Stem

KG series speakers & many others of this era dont have threaded inserts to allow use of those types of feet.  they are just a push in spike with plastic covers.  im sure you know that but locating the correct stock spikes/covers is the best option, although not adjustable.  

38 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

KG series speakers & many others of this era dont have threaded inserts to allow use of those types of feet.  they are just a push in spike with plastic covers.  im sure you know that but locating the correct stock spikes/covers is the best option, although not adjustable.  

Thanks for the reminder. Threaded inserts can be purchased at Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, Home Hardware etc. all over they are cheap and simple to install. When you install them put a thin layer of white wood glue on the insert and on the side wall of the hole with a toothpick as this greatly increases the strength of the insert in the hole, the glue wicks into the wood and strengthens it and it also sticks to the metal insert (not as well as say an epoxy but epoxy does not wick into the wood as well as white glue does). Get some inserts and do it right because inserts offer a substantial increase in energy transfer compared to a spike which is simply screwed into the base of the cabinet, you won't regret installing them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, moray james said:

Thanks for the reminder. Threaded inserts can be purchased at Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, Home Hardware etc. all over they are cheap and simple to install. When you install them put a thin layer of white wood glue on the insert and on the side wall of the hole with a toothpick as this greatly increases the strength of the insert in the hole, the glue wicks into the wood and strengthens it and it also sticks to the metal insert (not as well as say an epoxy but epoxy does not wick into the wood as well as white glue does). Get some inserts and do it right because inserts offer a substantial increase in energy transfer compared to a spike which is simply screwed into the base of the cabinet, you won't regret installing them.

yes good points on how to install inserts... but with the pre drilled holes for these push in KG feet i doubt most inserts are the exact same size, they usually require a specific size hole to be drilled to install the threaded insert.  if by chance thats the same size as the pre drilled KG holes then these are an option, if not the factory spike/feet are best & look correct.  

14 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

yes good points on how to install inserts... but with the pre drilled holes for these push in KG feet i doubt most inserts are the exact same size, they usually require a specific size hole to be drilled to install the threaded insert.  if by chance thats the same size as the pre drilled KG holes then these are an option, if not the factory spike/feet are best & look correct.  

I see very few excuses for not installing a standard female 1/4-20 threaded insert. Even if you don't have a hand drill and set of drills most people will know someone who does and those would even be happy to visit and drill the holes for them. This is just drilling eight holes and installing the self tapping inserts. One of the few modifications which will increase the re sale value of the loudspeakers.

1 hour ago, moray james said:

I see very few excuses for not installing a standard female 1/4-20 threaded insert. Even if you don't have a hand drill and set of drills most people most people will know someone who does and would even be happy to visit an drill the holes for them. This is just drilling eight holes and installing the self tapping inserts. One of the few modifications which will increase the re sale value of the loudspeakers.

sorry, i wasnt giving excuses not to use what you posted.  i was saying that in order to use those feet in these KG5.5 speakers the factory drilled holes probably wont work for the insert &  you'd have to drill new holes for them which many people wont want to do to their speakers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

sorry, i wasnt giving excuses not to use what you posted.  i was saying that in order to use those feet in these KG5.5 speakers the factory drilled holes probably wont work for the insert &  you'd have to drill new holes for them which many people wont want to do to their speakers.  

no worries I understand I just wanted readers to understand the ease and value of doing this to their speakers but yes I understand also lots of owners either don't want to drill holes or do anything to their speakers. That's just the way it is.

1 hour ago, moray james said:

no worries I understand I just wanted readers to understand the ease and value of doing this to their speakers but yes I understand also lots of owners either don't want to drill holes or do anything to their speakers. That's just the way it is.

Thanks to both of you guys for the input... In my case it was easiest to go with the original parts as i was able to get them through this post...

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 6:40 PM, DCaIrvine said:

$15.00 for all 8 spikes, and caps. 

Shipping will be extra, Let me know. PM Sent 

Just a quick shout out to DC...Spikes were sent out to me within an hour of me paying for them...  Also were as exactly as described...  Would not hesitate to do business with him again. Thanks again DC

• 11 months later...
19 hours ago, Incognoce said:

Hello all, 

I am also the proud owner of a pair of KG 3.2's with no feet! I would love to acquire an original set or spikes with caps for them. Where might I be able to find those?

Thank you, 

Nick

place a wanted ad here in the garage sale section for them or check ebay, there are usually a few different listings for these but as of now there is only 1 listing for the spikes @ $6ea but no plastic covers. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265180152333?hash=item3dbdf8020d:g:4gIAAOSwoHlgtPYW