For Sale Klipsch Chorus Floor standing Speakers Walnut Oil finish

Vicki

SOLD (to me)

Upon inspection, they were in better shape than the pictures even showed. One original owner, sequential serial #'s, beautiful grain, ZERO defects that I could find, (not even any scratches) & have been babied their entire life! No upgrades ever done but I'm fine with that...

As some of you may remember, I already have a set of Chorus 1's that I installed titanum diaphragms in, did the 7" port mods, & braced internally. Btw, Chorus 1's are my own personal "reasonable" (cost/sound/size/appearance) favorite. I sold my original owner black La Scalas to buy my first pair & have NO regrets 2 years later. I actually think my modded 1's sound better overall than my La Scalas did with a sub. The tradeoff of slighly diminshed (vs La Scala) imaging & soundstage is offset by addition of the Pro 15' "chest thumper" of the Chorus 😃

In case anyone is wondering "Why buy another pair?" My current ones are Oak, & these are FLAWLESS Walnut

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4JaxJags said:

SOLD (to me)

Upon inspection, they were in better shape than the pictures even showed. 

In case anyone is wondering "Why buy another pair?" My current ones are Oak, & these are FLAWLESS Walnut

Congrats, I love the walnut Choruses! Those look like keepers for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speakers are Sold. I am almost done crying. I was the original and only owner of this pair of speakers. I had them for 30 years and loved them. A little too much base for me, I had to back off the base often.

I need something lighter and smaller that can make frequent moves with me.

Best regards to all!

Vicki

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Vicki said:

Speakers are Sold. I am almost done crying. I was the original and only owner of this pair of speakers. I had them for 30 years and loved them. A little too much base for me, I had to back off the base often.

Best regards to all!

Vicki

I have a feeling your speakers will be well cared for. You sure took great care of them. The Klipsch RP600m is a small speaker that sounds much larger, might be an option. Some of the wireless choices are nice also. Good luck.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 4JaxJags said:

SOLD (to me)

Upon inspection, they were in better shape than the pictures even showed. One original owner, sequential serial #'s, beautiful grain, ZERO defects that I could find, (not even any scratches) & have been babied their entire life! No upgrades ever done but I'm fine with that...

As some of you may remember, I already have a set of Chorus 1's that I installed titanum diaphragms in, did the 7" port mods, & braced internally. Btw, Chorus 1's are my own personal "reasonable" (cost/sound/size/appearance) favorite. I sold my original owner black La Scalas to buy my first pair & have NO regrets 2 years later. I actually think my modded 1's sound better overall than my La Scalas did with a sub. The tradeoff of slighly diminshed (vs La Scala) imaging & soundstage is offset by addition of the Pro 15' "chest thumper" of the Chorus 😃

I was enjoying your hunt and was following along until you posted that your Chorus 1 sounded better than your La Scala. now you've lost me 😀!

I guess that is why Baskin Robins has 32 flavors!!

Enjoy your new speakers.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I was enjoying your hunt and was following along until you posted that your Chorus 1 sounded better than your La Scala. now you've lost me 😀!

L😂L (& btw I meant the one's I modified) but here's why:

LaScala +'s (wins)

Better Imaging & wider soundstage

better overall midrange

Chorus 1 +'s (wins)

WAY better mid-bass (& lows with the port mods) 

Tweeter (titanium) is at ear level when I am seated

They look like speakers, not a PA system (my LaScalas were black)

I prefer a "clean" powerful, thumping mid-bass & the Chorus 1 with it's 15" pro woofer DELIVERS that in a way LaScalas can't (owned both & compared side by side with same CD's)

A good example (song) of what I mean would be: "Six blade knife" by Dire Straits & "Murder by numbers" by the Police.  Play those two "cranked up" loud on Chorus 1's = MAGICAL

Others prefer LaScala's & I see why, but as for me, the Chorus 1 +'s offset their minuses.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4JaxJags said:

L😂L (& btw I meant the one's I modified) but here's why:

LaScala +'s (wins)

Better Imaging & wider soundstage

better overall midrange

Chorus 1 +'s (wins)

WAY better mid-bass (& lows with the port mods) 

Tweeter (titanium) is at ear level when I am seated

They look like speakers, not a PA system (my LaScalas were black)

I prefer a "clean" powerful, thumping mid-bass & the Chorus 1 with it's 15" pro woofer DELIVERS that in a way LaScalas can't (owned both & compared side by side with same CD's)

A good example (song) of what I mean would be: "Six blade knife" by Dire Straits & "Murder by numbers" by the Police.  Play those two "cranked up" loud on Chorus 1's = MAGICAL

Others prefer LaScala's & I see why, but as for me, the Chorus 1 +'s offset their minuses.

Just having a little fun. I've heard both and like them both.

I am never one to push my preferences on anyone.

I have friends with Bose that are very happy. I am happy for them, just can't hang out with them anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Just having a little fun. I've heard both and like them both.

I am never one to push my preferences on anyone.

I have friends with Bose that are very happy. I am happy for them, just can't hang out with them anymore.

I know U were just funnin, & I remember you following my progress & encouraging me when I posted my "Chorus 1 port mods/bracing" thread a few years back over in the modifications area. My reply/reasons here were really meant for everyone else reading this, especially if they don't know how close the Chorus 1 & 2's are in performance to the coveted LaScalas 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4JaxJags said:

& as a "public service announcement" for ALL Klipsch owners, you owe it to yourself (& your Klipsch) to play "Murder by numbers" (Police / Synchronicity) cranked up loud.

It's a hidden gem of a song, MADE for Klipsch demo/testing 😂

I can't right now (wife and kid sleeping) but I will tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, Vicki said:

Best regards to all!

Vicki

Sorry for your loss. Maybe these will cheer you up. They may be perfect for your short term goals.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/the-sixes

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 4JaxJags said:

& as a "public service announcement" for ALL Klipsch owners, you owe it to yourself (& your Klipsch) to play "Murder by numbers" (Police / Synchronicity) cranked up loud.

It's a hidden gem of a song, MADE for Klipsch demo/testing 😂

Did so, as suggested but only through my Super Heresy not any of my big boy speakers. It did kick hard and a good test of a speaker. Not a favorite song (although I do have that album somewhere) but a cool song when you are listening to your system and not the music. I have a handful of songs that I listen to regularly on my gear but push the button when they come on in my car. That will make sense to the people here but nowhere else.

• Like 1