DO YOU ALL NEED SOME GERITOL?

BigStewMan

This place is once again ... dead.  

Okay, I admit that quite possibly my pathetic life gives me too much time these days and I can be on the forum, drinking a bourbon on a Monday night.  I would probably prefer to be married again and working again ... well, maybe not the working part ... been there done that. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

This place is once again ... dead.  

Okay, I admit that quite possibly my pathetic life gives me too much time these days and I can be on the forum, drinking a bourbon on a Monday night.  I would probably prefer to be married again and working again ... well, maybe not the working part ... been there done that. 

Come on, what do want from me? I’m coming up with my best stuff, I’ll try harder —

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I don't expect much ... just when I'm on the forum I want everyone else to be on the forum -- I hate talking to myself. 

By chance, have you ever wondered why no one else is on the forum at the same time as you ? Just sayin - 

And don’t worry, you’re not talking to just yourself - I’m listening - 👂

In 2015 I was getting stagnate , smoked and didn't exercise . And then I found Babymetal .

Some people find Jesus , for me it was something else that got me off my *** .

No Geritol , but I do take supplements 

Multi , B-Complex , Zinc and Type 2 Collagen . Some Bioten in the summer months .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

By chance, have you ever wondered why no one else is on the forum at the same time as you ?

my life story dude. I can still clear a room like it's nobody's business. but there was this one time, the event was over and I was hanging around in the theatre and this breathtakingly beautiful actress, whose premiere we just watched walked by so I introduced myself. within seconds we were holding hands ... well, most would call it a handshake; but handshaking involves a moment of holding hands, right?  Anyway, she stuck around and talked -- not like you lightweights.  yes, I'm still reliving my hey day -- that's what you do when you get old.

I was in traffic school -- eight painfully long hours. sitting next to this 24 year old attractive gal.  at the end of the day, we're waiting for our certificates to show we completed the class and she says, "where do you get your style? I like it."  then she says "most old guys ... I mean guys older than me ..."  I stopped her there and told her that she already called me old. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

Some people find Jesus ,

I found Jesus ... BEST thing I've ever done in my life. I do take a multi-vitamin. scientifically, there is probably no reason that I've lived to be 60. For decades I ate fast food 99% of all my meals, drank booze like crazy, took more drugs than a pharmacy has, did all kinds of crazy things.  some of the old crew didn't make it ... some died in their 20s. I tortured my body and it has plenty of scars and some parts don't work that good anymore (my lungs are the organ that remains very mad at me to this day), I'm not sure why I'm still around -- maybe just to bore you guys with my stories?

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

and she says, "where do you get your style? I like it

And just like that was your chance, couldn't have been easier, so now when you need, use the same line, not bad really. 

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I tortured my body and it has plenty of scars and some parts don't work that good anymore

And, there is another way ?

If someone could have got that into my head 45 years ago I would look different at the very least.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

And just like that was your chance, couldn't have been easier, so now when you need, use the same line, not bad really.

yeah; but truth be told, that was the very first time that I was referred to as being old and I didn't really like it. Most people peg me for 10 years younger than I really am. Just last night, my sister, who I haven't seen in a while, asked me via text to send her a picture of me these days. So I did. she said that I looked so young. I can deal with that; but being told the truth, that I'm old is a tough pill to swallow. I'm really starting to feel old this past year. I need a new hip, the arthritis is getting bad; but I'm too stubborn to get surgery. 

Regarding using that line myself ... yeah, I was never a line guy.  When I met the actress Rhona Mitra, who I will tell you is so much more beautiful in person than on the movie screen, I'm standing there talking to her and it was like the king of geeks meets the prom queen. She was very kind though and only busted my chops once. 

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

50% of the USA population

how does that saying go ... if you're of average intelligence, half of the people that you meet will be stupider than you are. 

thanks to the pandemic, I haven't eaten fast food for 11 months and haven't eaten in a restaurant in 11 months either. All meals have been at home. And those pizza and burger commercials are getting real tempting. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

but being told the truth, that I'm old is a tough pill to swallow.

True, but a mirror does not lie, I don't feel as old as the person I see.

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Regarding using that line myself ... yeah, I was never a line guy.  

Me neither, but it might have helped, never was brave enough for a line. I just talked which could have been more BS than a line, I don't remember it's been a long time. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how does that saying go ... if you're of average intelligence, half of the people that you meet will be stupider than you are. 

Pretty scary really, but the news proves it everyday. 

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

thanks to the pandemic, I haven't eaten fast food for 11 months and haven't eaten in a restaurant in 11 months either. All meals have been at home. And those pizza and burger commercials are getting real tempting. 

I have done the opposite, it's as good as you remember and also as bad for you as you always knew. 

Strange things going on, it's like the "twilight zone".  This weekend in Hope we walked into a hardware store wearing a mask as expected ( I guess) and no one inside had one on, employees or shoppers, when they seen us they all pulled them up, strange feeling. I  couldn't help since it happened all at once, I laughed and told them I didn't mean to scare them, they all laughed, most people believe it's right but still don't want to do it. I know the feeling but have not stopped doing anything I would have normally done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I found Jesus ... BEST thing I've ever done in my life. I do take a multi-vitamin. scientifically, there is probably no reason that I've lived to be 60. For decades I ate fast food 99% of all my meals, drank booze like crazy, took more drugs than a pharmacy has, did all kinds of crazy things.  some of the old crew didn't make it ... some died in their 20s. I tortured my body and it has plenty of scars and some parts don't work that good anymore (my lungs are the organ that remains very mad at me to this day), I'm not sure why I'm still around -- maybe just to bore you guys with my stories?

Not boring.  Keep typing and we'll listen.

"... some of the old crew didn't make it."   I lost several, also.  None of them due to illegal drugs, and all but one used.  One was murdered at home, near the Oakland-Berkeley line, by person(s) unknown, and discovered by another friend -- a fire fighter -- who responded to a 911 call. 

I sort of misplaced Jesus at about 20 something, and located him at 44.

Beethoven's 7th, Rene Leibowitz version, played with 110 dB peaks lifts depression for some (me).   Solo dancing through In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida works, too.  Having a dog or a cat that dances helps.  I once saw myself as the man who loved cat dancing.

My great aunt wasn't sure why she was still around, either, at about 70.  She lived until she was 103, bringing many people enriched lives.  This, despite many health problems.   And after losing her husband in a freak accident, after a period of grieving, she became a happy person for decades.

60 is plenty young to find a second or even a first calling --- listen for yours.

• Like 1

I don't need geritol, and I can't have ketchup, or anything tomato based, and I LOVE ketchup. You just have to find something to generate a spark. My job has done that for me. About once or twice a year I'll build something for a customer that keeps my juices flowing. 

Steve, are you into sports? I joined a gym about a month ago, and have been up there playing basketball almost daily. I hardly touched a ball in 25 years, it's still fun.

I try the guitar, but I find it hard to get motivated, I think I need a violin bow!

• Like 1