DO YOU ALL NEED SOME GERITOL?

BigStewMan

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I found Jesus ... BEST thing I've ever done in my life. I do take a multi-vitamin. scientifically, there is probably no reason that I've lived to be 60. For decades I ate fast food 99% of all my meals, drank booze like crazy, took more drugs than a pharmacy has, did all kinds of crazy things.  some of the old crew didn't make it ... some died in their 20s. I tortured my body and it has plenty of scars and some parts don't work that good anymore (my lungs are the organ that remains very mad at me to this day), I'm not sure why I'm still around -- maybe just to bore you guys with my stories?

Ah, the Keith Richards diet.  Seems to work for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly pretty much everything is too controversial for the forums. Can’t talk about the weather for fear of a global warming debate. Can’t discuss anything about vaccines or China or how covid19 is or was managed. Nada on anything from any state capital, the homeless, the rioters, Washington DC, etc..... and so forth. The country/world is boiling over with ‘issues’ of a sensitive nature. Even the dancers at halftime were in stitches.

But I am privileged to have a new grandson intend to move to be close to the family......  if I survive covid19.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Geritol... I don't need. 

I just need to get out of the house. The lake is on for today. Haven't been for two weeks. 

for me to keep going, I NEED to recreate.  Fishing does that for me ... and.... if I have an even modestly successful day, we get fresh fish for dinner. Gardening is much the same ...w/o the instant gratification. Neither cost much. I enjoy bowling... The price thing rubs my cheap the wrong direction....

Music/art is an outlet for emotion.  

@BigStewMan

many of us [me] are amazed to have made it as long as we have...I tripped 66. sheesh.  Turns out, that some of the stuff I was doing for fun was actually good.

I always pop in and look around here. Because I rarely say anything about audio, I kinda feel in the wrong place and get quiet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Steve, are you into sports?

haven't in a long while. back in my younger adult days I bowled competitively, played softball, and golfed. of course when I was a kid I played organized football, baseball, and basketball. 

Now, I have four herniated disks, arthritis, and I need a new hip. I may not look old; but if I tried to play these sports again, I sure would look old. The last sport that I played was golf -- I enjoy it; but after my accident, my shoulders were jacked up and I gave that up. It was a year before I could lift my arm above my waist without the pain sending me skyward.

I got the guitars at least.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, garyrc said:

60 is plenty young to find a second or even a first calling --- listen for yours.

thanks.  this is about the third version of "me" during these 60s years. I become a kinder, better person each version; but I have spent far too much time this past decade focusing on the pain and the negative experiences. that only causes me to look too much at myself and that isn't the way that I want to live. it doesn't help when I keep moving to places where I don't know a soul. I used to volunteer at my church back in SoCal and that was fun. 

Got to get back in the saddle. 

• Like 2

I don't need Geritol but I do need new wrists, hands, rotator cuffs, knees, ears, teeth, heart, lungs, brain repair, and a new cardiovascular system. The hair I don't care about. Oh gees, I forgot to mention something else.

JJK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Sadly pretty much everything is too controversial for the forums. Can’t talk about the weather for fear of a global warming debate. Can’t discuss anything about vaccines or China or how covid19 is or was managed. Nada on anything from any state capital, the homeless, the rioters, Washington DC, etc..... and so forth. The country/world is boiling over with ‘issues’ of a sensitive nature. 

Have you tried reddit ?

• Like 1

Among a couple others....  seems I'm deficient on Iron....and the Doc says I can simply take a Flintstones vitamin with Iron...  I found it interesting when I was once at a different Doc's office....they want a list of your pills.....I listed them.  The nurse stops, looks up at me and says "You take a Flintstone vitamin???"  

I found that curious.  I don't much care for the purple ones.....but the others taste pretty good.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Among a couple others....  seems I'm deficient on Iron....and the Doc says I can simply take a Flintstones vitamin with Iron...  I found it interesting when I was once at a different Doc's office....they want a list of your pills.....I listed them.  The nurse stops, looks up at me and says "You take a Flintstone vitamin???"  

I found that curious.  I don't much care for the purple ones.....but the others taste pretty good.

"Kids are having sex so early these days that birth control pills are shaped like Fred Flintstone"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/8/2021 at 11:31 PM, BigStewMan said:

I tortured my body and it has plenty of scars and some parts don't work that good anymore (my lungs are the organ that remains very mad at me to this day), I'm not sure why I'm still around 

A few quotations that I occasionally use as signature lines in email:

"The wisdom that comes with age consists of a long list of things that you never want to have to do again."

"I don't need tattoos to commemorate significant events in my life. I have the scars."

"The worst day of your life will be the day you realize that the best days of your life are really and truly behind you."

"Cum omni alio deficiente, simula mortuum." (When all else fails, play dead.)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

"Kids are having sex so early these days that birth control pills are shaped like Fred Flintstone"

I told my daughter that if she runs out of birth control pills that she can use aspirin instead.  She said really?  I don't believe you.  I told her that they were 100% effective if you take one and hold it between your ankles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1