DO YOU ALL NEED SOME GERITOL?

BigStewMan

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I'm 72...wish I was Steve's age knowing what he knows now.  Wait is that right?  Anyway you get my point.

Fred

52 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

who are the Flintstones?  I must be too young to get your reference. Or maybe I forgot! <more likely

Older than both Fred and Barney

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I told my daughter that if she runs out of birth control pills that she can use aspirin instead.  She said really?  I don't believe you.  I told her that they were 100% effective if you take one and hold it between your ankles.

Barney

Yaba-Daba-Do

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I told my daughter that if she runs out of birth control pills that she can use aspirin instead.  She said really?  I don't believe you.  I told her that they were 100% effective if you take one and hold it between your ankles.  (Knees)

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

okay, this hurt ... took a slug of bourbon, swished it around in my mouth and some accidentally went down the wrong pipe ... well, maybe it just went down my throat before I was ready to swallow.  there is a burn. 

Lol.  I've done that.   Ethanol in the wind pipe will get your attention. 

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

in the wind pipe will get your attention. 

Very true.  40 years ago...I was at work.  I was in the break room, alone.  Opened my Coke & took a fair swig.  Seems a portion of it decided to go down the wind pipe which was choking enough....  however, with the Co2 in it, it started to bubble and foam a bit.  I swear on my mothers grave, I was seeing my obituary in front of me....."employee drowns while alone in breakroom.... authorities are puzzled"

• Haha 1

65 and been retired for 2 years now. It's a whole different world going from working overtime to not working at all. Still trying to figure out what to with retirement, or is having a plan even necessary? The most enlightening thing in my life was when I realized that you don't have to believe in silly rituals and dogma just because everyone else does. 

On 2/9/2021 at 5:50 AM, Ceptorman said:

and I can't have ketchup, or anything tomato based, and I LOVE ketchup.

You can try banana ketchup. It's really not a bad substitute, and there is no tomato in it at all. I've had a lot worse tomato based ketchups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_ketchup

15 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Lol.  I've done that.   Ethanol in the wind pipe will get your attention. 

Ever get a good whiff of formaldehyde? Sure lets you know that your nose,sinuses, eyeballs, ears, mouth,throat and lungs are all interconnected.

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

65 and been retired for 2 years now. It's a whole different world going from working overtime to not working at all. Still trying to figure out what to with retirement, or is having a plan even necessary? The most enlightening thing in my life was when I realized that you don't have to believe in silly rituals and dogma just because everyone else does. 

63 and retired on 10/10/19.  When people asked what I was going to when I retired, I just asked them how many times in the last few years did they say "Gee I wish I had time to do this, or I never have time to do that". Most peoples list was as long or longer than mine. Considering that I was lucky enough to survive a heart attack in 2014 (full cardiac arrest, clogged artery)  I might be a little more motivated that most to knock as many things off that list as possible.

Unfortunately I only had 5 months until Covid locked everything down.  During that time I was playing competetive volleyball 3 times a week,  yoga twice a week, visiting friends, getting in the last few kayaking paddles of the season, planning some 2020 kayak trips to the Adirondacks, and trying to see if I could fit in some volunteer work.

I finally understood what my friends were talking about when they said it felt that they were busier after they retired than before.  That "wanna do, now that I have time list"  just seems to keep growing. Once the Covid restrictions are lifted , I'm planning on fitting in as much of that 'wanna do list" as I can while I'm still physically and mentally capable

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

Very true.  40 years ago...I was at work.  I was in the break room, alone.  Opened my Coke & took a fair swig.  Seems a portion of it decided to go down the wind pipe

Coke was initially  served with small straws to avoid such a mishap -

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Bobby Z said:

I finally understood what my friends were talking about when they said it felt that they were busier after they retired than before.  That "wanna do, now that I have time list"  just seems to keep growing.

Very true, but it's still great and quite a change.

The fun part is when you wake up and something comes up different that you planned your free to do whatever you want, or neither.

• Like 1