How much Chinese made product is in the Heritage and Professional lines?

laager

9 hours ago, laager said:

I know the Heritage bins are made in Hope. I don't have any information on the Professional gear's bins. I suspect Hope. Suspect.

Pro stuff is made in Hope also. If you get a chance to go to the pilgrimage and take a factory tour I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what you find.

• Like 1

So, this thread has turned from a question regarding foreign parts to a discussion on forced labor, slavery, oppression, dissatisfaction with career paths, wealth or lack of it..., and beginning to veer toward racist commentary.

So the question is:  Is the OP satisfied with any plausible and believable answers put forth here?  Don't expect to get specific percentages or much of anything else from Klipsch corporate.  Filtering information from those that think they know the answers makes the issue more confusing.

And perhaps the bigger question is:  Does it matter?  Is this going to change your buying decision?  Or is this type of information going to cause you to throw all of your clothes, appliances, furniture, electronics, etc, etc., etc.......out in the front yard and set it all on fire?  Cause, guess what.....

• Like 3

• Klipsch Employees
15 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

So, this thread has turned from a question regarding foreign parts to a discussion on forced labor, slavery, oppression, dissatisfaction with career paths, wealth or lack of it..., and beginning to veer toward racist commentary.

So the question is:  Is the OP satisfied with any plausible and believable answers put forth here?  Don't expect to get specific percentages or much of anything else from Klipsch corporate.  Filtering information from those that think they know the answers makes the issue more confusing.

And perhaps the bigger question is:  Does it matter?  Is this going to change your buying decision?  Or is this type of information going to cause you to throw all of your clothes, appliances, furniture, electronics, etc, etc., etc.......out in the front yard and set it all on fire?  Cause, guess what.....

You are correct. Keep it on track and cut the crap out or risk having your posts moderated. 

• Haha 1

Nearly every product labeled “Made in USA” has the caveat “ from domestic and foreign sourced parts”. Like it or not it’s a world economy and has been for a long time. If you are dead set on 100% US sourced your options will shrink - dramatically.

I believe I read that years ago when Honda was building the Goldwing in Ohio it contained more US sourced parts than did a similar sized Harley Davidson. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, laager said:

OK. Gotcha. There are a number of true sunshiners about. I was trying to be diplomatic. It took a few goes. You knew what I meant. 😀

I'm simply curious as to the grand total of actual USA produced content. I'm not denigrating the source of whatever is currently installed and supplied.

I posted in the Pro forum to see if Roy would reply. I'll give it some time and if nothing, I'll put it in the special forum for Jube owners. I know Roy reads that one.

If not satisfied yet, Roy just posted above, he is reachable here.

Would prefer you do it in a PM to enlighten yourself.

Thanks!

This has gotten silly.

Everything we buy, consume or use has parts that the manufacturer awarded to the lowest bidder. That's right .... if they met the specs and had the lowest bid, then they got the contract. Next time you are in Walmart, Staples, Best Buy, or Target, then try and find something that was not made overseas........ good luck. Although we all deny it, price point is a determining factor.

So is the labor component (for many, but not all things) cheaper overseas? .........  I hope this has not been a sudden revelation

1 minute ago, billybob said:

If not satisfied yet, Roy just posted above, he is reachable here.

Would prefer you do it in a PM to enlighten yourself.

Thanks!

Roy is a VERY important person at Klipsch and does not have to answer any questions in regard to Klipsch's business practices. Of course they outsource stuff and if they didn't they would be out of business. That's my take. {Note: I own a couple of dozen Klipsch speakers and at least 3/4 of them were made in Hope, Arkansas. :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

I believe I read that years ago when Honda was building the Goldwing in Ohio it contained more US sourced parts than did a similar sized Harley Davidson. 

The Gold Wing was  essentially assembled in the USA -with Foreign parts -  as of 2010 , the Gold wing is assembled in Japan , so  Made in Japan -

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

Roy is a VERY important person at Klipsch and does not have to answer any questions in regard to Klipsch's business practices. Of course they outsource stuff and if they didn't they would be out of business. That's my take. {Note: I own a couple of dozen Klipsch speakers and at least 3/4 of them were made in Hope, Arkansas. :) 

I like it ®️

• Like 2

20 hours ago, richieb said:

If you are dead set on 100% US sourced your options will shrink - dramatically.

More likely, disappear entirely.

I suggest the OP makes his/her own speaker if that is so important.  Personally, I'm satisfied that my speakers were assembled here in the US.  ..Couldn't care less if some of the components that go into the speaker are foreign-sourced.

..It's a global economy.  Accept it or DIY.  ..Just make sure that every tool you use to do so is ALSO entirely made in the US from US-sourced parts.  ..And that the car you drive to go get the parts is made entirely in the US from US-sourced parts.  ..Or the trucks that deliver the parts you buy off the internet are made entirely in the US from US-sourced parts.  And the computer you use to order the parts is made entirely.....  etc.

you get the point

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Sadie42 said:

You build to a spec first, and find the lowest price point that gets you there. Meeting all personal considerings within the market is not a business model conducive to success. 

Unless, people will pay a premium for something that doesn't fit a typical product pricing model, then you look at maybe history, experience of Company or design) Examples, things like Made in UK (race cars, coats) Made in USA (too many to name, McIntosh, Klipsch) Made in Japan.(knives) Made in France (wine, lighters). 

• Like 1

Well you know the fasteners are probably imported for sure. Not sure about the glue. The glue for the plywood layering? Grill cloth probably imported. Wiring connectors probably imported.

Labels? maybe. Laminate? Crossover components probably. Tweeters, woofers. mid range speakers? Most probably. But I'm just guessing.

JJK