Question on room size and potential modifications regarding Klipschorn speakers

nola

Question on room size and potential modifications regarding Klipschorn speakers

Hello Folks: (Hope this is the correct Forum)

I live in New Orleans and I am thinking of buying a house (finally).

So where to place my “babies”?

Top contenders so far:

One place had 2 adjacent rooms that were roughly 13 x 13 feet. Not certain of ceiling height, perhaps 11-12 feet. Just a divider that juts in about 18-24 inches on both sides and the top. I would likely not be inclined to take out the mini divider here. So, in a sense, a 13 x 26 foot room. Would do corner horn (3 ft width), space (2 feet), Belle or LS for center (about 2.5 ft), space (2 ft), corner horn (3 ft). Would likely have to put electronics to the side and turntable too. LS rears (I have 4 in place in NOLA now and 2 more LS2s elsewhere). No clue yet where subwoofers would go.

No ATMOS set up nor receiver for it (yet…LOL). Would put couch or chair(s) just behind cross point of Khorns (I think). Rt triangle h = ab/c =81/13 = 6.23 ft, or c/2 = 6.5 ft. So the couch or chairs fit in the room with the Khorns. Not sure how far back to put the LSs, if it matters.

Other place is larger, but it is more complicated

My measurements were different vs realtor in part due to fireplaces and also the built in tables and bookcases in the foyer side of the living room. Etc. My measurements are true usable space.

Ceiling height about 12’6” in both rooms. About 9’6” through the divider

Usable width is 15’ 5” or so in the dining room and 14’ 6” max or so in the living room. About 75 inches through the divider.

Length: about 15’5” in the dining room and about 14’5” in the living room.

Main issue, I think is the room divider with roll out doors between rooms. These take up about 48-56 inches per side (due to doors jutting out about 8 inches per side) and 43-47 inches at the top (variation due to architectural moldings).

It is a great house and as a “guest” in this 170 y o house for the next 20-30 years (if I am lucky), I would prefer not to cut into or cut out the partial partition at the sides and top.

Not sure which room would get the Khorns, but likely the living room up against the front wall and windows. Couch or chairs would be about 7.5-8 feet back. LSs would be in the dining room I guess, but unless placed a few feet to the center of the room, or angled in towards the couch, would I just end up with an acoustic “hot mess”?

Is this how folks would do it, please see diagram (approx scales for Khorn, Belle, and LaScala cut outs)?

Thx in advance

From NOLA with love

2021-02-09_183948 813 barracks front rooms for klipsch forums  b.jpg

Possible set up for Khorns Belle and LaScalas at 813.ppt

Edited by nola
Remove unused spacing and notes for diagram

• 1 month later...