Klipsch customer service.

Chief bonehead

I need to know if there are other posted ways to contact customer support than the Klipsch website support request page.  I have a warranty issue that has not been answered since December 20th other than a bot-automated message that we will get back to you.  I think 60 days with no human response is a bit long so I want to contact via another means.  I don't own as much Klipsch gear as some diehards here,  but I do have a full reference home theater, four pairs of ceiling speakers, and at least 4 different kinds of earbuds/headphones.  The slow response is making me wonder if I have invested wisely.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gliderguy4 said:

I need to know if there are other posted ways to contact customer support than the Klipsch website support request page.  I have a warranty issue that has not been answered since December 20th other than a bot-automated message that we will get back to you.  I think 60 days with no human response is a bit long so I want to contact via another means.  I don't own as much Klipsch gear as some diehards here,  but I do have a full reference home theater, four pairs of ceiling speakers, and at least 4 different kinds of earbuds/headphones.  The slow response is making me wonder if I have invested wisely.

@Trey Cannon I know you posted on this in the past on best options, and I know they added several people to CS, if you email me or PM on suggestions I will try to Gliderguy. 

Travis

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 7:44 PM, barjohn said:

Thank you for the welcome!  I found the answer to one of my questions by actually removing the bottom base from a Kilpsh RP-140wm speaker.  That question was can you remove the base (is it just decorative?) or is it part of the speaker.  I was hoping to get an answer without taking the base off in case it would somehow damage the speaker.  What I discovered is that all of the electronics are mounted to the base so it is not just a decorative piece.  The reason I wanted to remove it is that it is not a rectangle, but more of a trapezoid and I wanted to mount the speaker on a wall mount to make my little lady happy.  She wanted them up high and not in the direct line of sight.  I was able to mount them anyway as the clamps secure tightly enough and I added the Blu Tac for extra security.

My other questions had to do with using the RP-140WMs with the SoundSend transmitter and I have since worked with WISA and SoundSend to try and resolve some of the issues that arose when I was trying to use the RW-51M speakers as front speakers and the Platin Monaco as rear and center channel speakers.  I wound up going with the RP-140WMs all around with the RP-440WC as the center channel and RW-100SW for the sub (no RP-110WSWs to be found).  I would love to go with the RP-440WF as front channels but those too are hard to find.  When I find the sub and the towers at the right price I will probably buy them and replace the fronts and the sub.  One huge advantage to the RP series for Wireless over the Reference series (besides the sound and build quality) is the ability to designate a speakers position from the back of the speaker and have it remember it even if unplugged.  With the Reference series, it depends on the SS assigning the speaker a position and then you dragging it to the right position if it is wrong.  Where it gets confusing is when it assigns two speakers to the same location.  Trying to identify which speaker to move and move the right one is very tricky.  With some speakers you can chime the speaker and then know which one to move but the Klipsch have a bug in their coding that doesn't allow a speaker to chime unless it is receiving audio (not published information) therefore it won't chime unless you first have an audio stream going to it.  Normally, during setup you would not have an audio stream going to the speaker.

Another issue is that you can't tell what version of firmware is loaded in your speaker with the SS and no way to update it without the HUB1.  I just ordered a refurbished HUB1 for the purpose of finding out what software version they are and updating my speakers if needed.

Are you are still in need with questions or other?

Sorry did not see your reply until now.

Not in CS but, members here have been helping as possible with our regular question and answer Klipsch users, etc. for awhile now.

For some we cannot help as fully.

Thanks!

No, Thank you.  However, I think I have most of the answers I need for now.  There are some issues occurring with the sound, especially when using the Roku Ultra based apps like Netflix and Prime Video but I haven't yet identified the source of these issues and I need to do more testing to positively identify whether the issue is the speakers, the SoundSend, the Roku, Netflix or the Samsung TV.

Smart TVs are so stupid.  I wish the default was pass through the audio from the source without processing unless going to the TV's speakers.  Get rid of auto where we have no idea what is being selected and allow us to process the audio where we chose, AVR, SoundSend, HUB1, Soundbar, etc.  

Edited by barjohn
  • Like 1

Contacted through Face b; they did give me a faster, initial response.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 2:02 PM Support <support@klipsch.com> wrote:
##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Due to heavier than usual traffic, we are a little slower in our responses, but we have not forgotten about you! We will respond as soon as we can, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Have a good day!

Feb 18, 2021, 8:30 AM EST 

Request a new removable grille for my RW-12d Subwoofer. Thank you.

This email is a service from Klipsch Product Support. Delivered by Zendesk
[6LO67Z-ZMZD]

Funny that I just now stumbled across this.  After a three-month wait, I finally today received a replacement midrange horn for my Cornwall IVs that I bought in November (I noticed the damaged horn shortly after I received the speakers).  Over the last few months, I was always able to eventually get in touch with someone in Klipsch customer service, but those folks were never able to get updates from the warehouse, so they couldn’t tell me when my horn would ship.  It was literally the same story (“you’re in the queue, we just have to wait for the parts to arrive from the warehouse, we haven’t forgotten”) every time I called because they were simply unable to get updates from the warehouse.  I’m sure it was almost as frustrating for the CS folks as it was for me.

Fortunately the horn arrived safe and sound, but now the grilles on those same Cornwalls (plus a pair of Heresy IVs that I also bought in November) have started to sag.  Evidently it’s a known issue (and I’ve tried the hair dryer fix among others, and nothing worked), so I contacted customer service again and they’ve of course graciously agreed to replace all of my grilles under warranty.  Unfortunately the grilles are all backordered and there’s no ETA - once again, the customer service folks can’t seem to get the info they need from the factory.  And

Oh, I also haven’t mentioned the fact that one of the particle board speaker risers on the Cornwalls was damaged upon arrival.  The outer boxes were pristine when they were unloaded from the pallet, so the riser probably left Klipsch that way.  No biggie, I built new risers: I doubt replacements are available because the mounting holes in each riser aren’t evenly spaced and seem unique to each riser.  It wouldn’t have been worth shipping the speakers all the way back to the dealer just for some riser damage, but it’s still frustrating to deal with on a big-ticket item.

I know it’s just grilles, and before that it was just a plastic horn, and before that it was a damaged riser, and I understand that COVID is throwing a wrench into everything, but having these issues with brand-new, fairly expensive Heritage models is disappointing.  Couple that with CSRs that are stretched to the brink...well, the arrival of additional help in CS is greatly welcomed.

Anyway, from my perspective, the customer service guys are doing the best they can, but they just can’t get the info they need from the warehouse/factory/wherever-the-parts-come-from, so they have to deal with unhappy customers because they can’t say when parts are expected to ship.  Overall I love my new speakers (I mean the CWIVs are just incredible), but from a QC and parts availability standpoint, it’s been the worst Klipsch experience I‘ve had, and I’ve bought at least 50 new Klipsch speakers over the years.

Despite this, I’m glad to hear things are on the mend!

cornwall_r.jpg

cornwall_l.jpg

On 2/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, RoyBob said:

Ka-1000 does anyone have a part number and manufacturer for the gain pot. 100K double gang. I'll assume it is logarithmic but that is a guess. No info on pot except Taiwan Alpha. No help from Klipsch or the service center except ship it to them for a 10 minute repair. Would like a direct replacement. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

http://www.taiwanalpha.com/en/products/4

A little google is your mate ;)

On 2/21/2021 at 11:44 AM, barjohn said:

Thank you for the welcome!  I found the answer to one of my questions by actually removing the bottom base from a Kilpsh RP-140wm speaker.  That question was can you remove the base (is it just decorative?) or is it part of the speaker.  I was hoping to get an answer without taking the base off in case it would somehow damage the speaker.  What I discovered is that all of the electronics are mounted to the base so it is not just a decorative piece.  The reason I wanted to remove it is that it is not a rectangle, but more of a trapezoid and I wanted to mount the speaker on a wall mount to make my little lady happy.  She wanted them up high and not in the direct line of sight.  I was able to mount them anyway as the clamps secure tightly enough and I added the Blu Tac for extra security.

My other questions had to do with using the RP-140WMs with the SoundSend transmitter and I have since worked with WISA and SoundSend to try and resolve some of the issues that arose when I was trying to use the RW-51M speakers as front speakers and the Platin Monaco as rear and center channel speakers.  I wound up going with the RP-140WMs all around with the RP-440WC as the center channel and RW-100SW for the sub (no RP-110WSWs to be found).  I would love to go with the RP-440WF as front channels but those too are hard to find.  When I find the sub and the towers at the right price I will probably buy them and replace the fronts and the sub.  One huge advantage to the RP series for Wireless over the Reference series (besides the sound and build quality) is the ability to designate a speakers position from the back of the speaker and have it remember it even if unplugged.  With the Reference series, it depends on the SS assigning the speaker a position and then you dragging it to the right position if it is wrong.  Where it gets confusing is when it assigns two speakers to the same location.  Trying to identify which speaker to move and move the right one is very tricky.  With some speakers you can chime the speaker and then know which one to move but the Klipsch have a bug in their coding that doesn't allow a speaker to chime unless it is receiving audio (not published information) therefore it won't chime unless you first have an audio stream going to it.  Normally, during setup you would not have an audio stream going to the speaker.

Another issue is that you can't tell what version of firmware is loaded in your speaker with the SS and no way to update it without the HUB1.  I just ordered a refurbished HUB1 for the purpose of finding out what software version they are and updating my speakers if needed.

Blu-Tack - woah dude. Maybe try 3M Command strips instead ;)

Why do you say that?  It says that it is removable and it is sort of like clay in feel.  I just didn't want to risk the speakers falling and hitting someone.  It is too bad that Klipsch didn't have mounting screw holes or mounting plates for various kinds of mounts.  Because the base is actually recessed from the edges anything that is too thin would not make contact with the base and the platform.

• 2 weeks later...

I should re-post to update my experience because the last couple of times I’ve contacted Klipsch customer service the response has been quick, friendly, and - most importantly - they got my problems fixed without any long waits or follow-up.  Hiring the additional help must’ve done the trick because just...wow.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:03 PM, Chief bonehead said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are concerned about the problems with customer service. Here is the response I got from the head guy.....

“we’re dealing with unprecedented traffic and are drastically increasing the size of the team to get back to world class service asap.“

We have more than doubled the customer service reps as of last week. We appreciate your patience. Thanks. 

Thanks for addressing it!!! I love Klipsch and hope that customer service can help us keep the legacy alive by not having to buy non-Klipsch parts to keep our old speakers sounding awesome!! To hear my 40 year old Cornwall, and go demo a set of 10k revel and decide NOT to get the revel because they don’t sound as good as my 40 year old set is a testament!!!! Can’t wait to save up to get the Cornwall 4 that others have said you have perfected!!!

• Like 1

Good to hear klipsch is on it.  I'll be glad when they get to me and my baggy cornwall grilles.  I've tried spritzing with water and then using a hair dryer to shrink the fabric.  I think it helped but the problem still persists.  I haven't bought 50 pairs of klipsch but I've bought more than my share (cornwalls in '85, k-horns in '98, a single belle around 2000 sometime, a pair of La Scala II's in '07, a pair of RF-82's in about...2016 or '17 and cornwall IV's in 2020.  All bought new.  So yeah, I would appreciate klipsch helping me out with this.  Otherwise I'll sell them and get a pair of JBL HDI-3800's...well, maybe.  😱

14544C5E-1958-441F-8EA2-D56CDDFCC4B9.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Klipsch Employees
On 2/9/2021 at 10:21 PM, Peacemaker said:

Sounds like someone was asleep at the wheel, albeit for a short time. Good to hear this is being resolved immediately and meeting the standards of the Klipsch brand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Trying to find someone to work is VERY hard right now...and if they will work, finding someone that has a clue about a speaker is even harder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees
On 2/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, RoyBob said:

Ka-1000 does anyone have a part number and manufacturer for the gain pot. 100K double gang. I'll assume it is logarithmic but that is a guess. No info on pot except Taiwan Alpha. No help from Klipsch or the service center except ship it to them for a 10 minute repair. Would like a direct replacement. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Email me...I have the schematic...trey.cannon @klipsch.com 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trey Cannon said:
On 2/9/2021 at 9:21 PM, Peacemaker said:

Sounds like someone was asleep at the wheel, albeit for a short time. Good to hear this is being resolved immediately and meeting the standards of the Klipsch brand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Trying to find someone to work is VERY hard right now...and if they will work, finding someone that has a clue about a speaker is even harder.

Hey Trey, I hope you are well but given you are replying to a 2 month ago observation and CS reps wouldn't even need to be at the plant or HQ I would put a Help Wanted ad here on the forum or Social Media to find someone because there are alot of knowledgeable people here who wouldn't mind the extra cash.

6 minutes ago, Trey Cannon said:

there are about 8000 folks in front of you....hold tight...they will get to you. 

What's up...maybe I can help.

8,000 folks waiting for Customer Service? 😬 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

We have been dealing with the overflow that comes here looking for help or to complain since last year.

Hope you are having some luck hiring CSRs.

Thanks!

Back in the day this Forum was the reason Klipsch could cut CS jobs. Let's face it, the majority of the people we were helping had issues hooking things up and was usually something-in-the-chain issue and not a faulty product. I also think we assisted quite a few salespeople before and after the sale with our recommendations and comments. This also in turn to my chagrin made people feel confident in purchasing a product online without ever hearing it which seems weird given we are talking about Sound and how folks hear things differently as well as individual room acoustics compared to sales floors and show rooms....The Art of Home Theater has been an enlightening journey for those of us that are still around and I appreciate folks who taught me so much that are no longer here. The Klipsch Forum and AVS Forum have been two indispensable places where I've enjoyed sharing ideas and debating different approaches but it really seems the dynamic has changed and most people are looking for a plug and play alternative.   

• Like 2

I've got an idea....  maybe Klipsch can send each of us some (ahem) "inventory"  you know....  Khorns, Heresy's....  and WE can be the customers help though we might get the benefit of using said item in the meantime.  I think that's a grand idea.

• Like 1