Klipsch customer service.

Chief bonehead

2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I've got an idea....  maybe Klipsch can send each of us some (ahem) "inventory"  you know....  Khorns, Heresy's....  and WE can be the customers help though we might get the benefit of using said item in the meantime.  I think that's a grand idea.

This really is a no-brainer if it's a problem with user error and I would be glad to assist on smaller items that I could learn about after being sent the item folks are having problems with. 

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Back in the day this Forum was the reason Klipsch could cut CS jobs. Let's face it, the majority of the people we were helping had issues hooking things up and was usually something-in-the-chain issue and not a faulty product. I also think we assisted quite a few salespeople before and after the sale with our recommendations and comments. This also in turn to my chagrin made people feel confident in purchasing a product online without ever hearing it which seems weird given we are talking about Sound and how folks hear things differently as well as individual room acoustics compared to sales floors and show rooms....The Art of Home Theater has been an enlightening journey for those of us that are still around and I appreciate folks who taught me so much that are no longer here. The Klipsch Forum and AVS Forum have been two indispensable places where I've enjoyed sharing ideas and debating different approaches but it really seems the dynamic has changed and most people are looking for a plug and play alternative.   

Plug and play...lol. For sure, bet there are those.

I know I posted way more than usual.

Your idea above has logistical issues and a certain amount of training, and feedback that would have to be addressed.

Not just a simple, pass me the procedure and an email.

You have to have resource and people skills.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Your idea above has logistical issues and a certain amount of training, and feedback that would have to be addressed.

Not just a simple, pass me the procedure and an email.

You have to have resource and people skills.

No where near as much as other industries. Like I said, we've done it on the Forum for decades when it comes to Home Theater and 2 Channel rigs...Evidently the problem is with faulty products and connectivity today and people are looking for work coming out of the pandemic. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I've got an idea....  maybe Klipsch can send each of us some (ahem) "inventory"  you know....  Khorns, Heresy's....  and WE can be the customers help though we might get the benefit of using said item in the meantime.  I think that's a grand idea.

Good idea...breaki woofers in.

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

No where near as much as other industries. Like I said, we've done it for decades when it comes to Home Theater and 2 Channel rigs...Evidently the problem is with faulty products and connectivity today and people are looking for work coming out of the pandemic. 

Not going to discourage...

Just now, Zen Traveler said:

You currently are the goto person for newbies and a godsend for Klipsch CS on this forum. 

Now you are being too kind. It is always a matter of the willing.

The definition of work has changed over time. To do something you enjoy, or to derive pleasure/benefit from seems somehow different.

As for an advert looking for CSRs, on social media, afraid it needs to be more Klipsch centric.

Thanks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I also think we assisted quite a few salespeople before and after the sale with our recommendations and comments. (respectful Snip!, just wanted to reference the post)

Well put Zen, I felt quite welcomed when I first started posting here April, 2014.  I've met a few of you live! and in-person.  I purchased a few Klipsch speakers thanks to the group I've enjoyed my music on a higher level.  Can't ask more than that.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

For what it's worth, I will be going through my Chorus 2's soon and got in touch with Klipsch. Nick was very helpful. I sent some requested pics and he got the ok from the Heritage Dept and Andrea had some new gaskets sent to me within about 5 days. They didn't have everything but sent what they had for my 1994 speakers. I thought I was very well taken care of. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I spent several hours on hold today. I never did get to speak to a person. I'm looking to order the Forte III to IV upgrade (if available) as well as a set of lambs wool grills for my Forte III's.

I'm not sure what to do - I probably won't have the time to dedicate to this again until next week. I was disconnected several times.

I finally gave up and just called my local distributor, but not sure they can get the above.

frustrating, but I'm a customer for life of a company that lets you upgrade your speakers when they come out with new versions. Its an amazing move.

• Sad 1

"I spent several hours on hold today..."

IIRC I got through via the Klipsch Support chat. Once all was good, I think they called me for payment, etc.

Make sure you take pix of the labels, etc. This was for Chorus 2 parts.

I don't have Fortes but thought the upgrade wasn't available yet.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Junx said:

I spent several hours on hold today. I never did get to speak to a person. I'm looking to order the Forte III to IV upgrade (if available) as well as a set of lambs wool grills for my Forte III's.

I'm not sure what to do - I probably won't have the time to dedicate to this again until next week. I was disconnected several times.

I finally gave up and just called my local distributor, but not sure they can get the above.

frustrating, but I'm a customer for life of a company that lets you upgrade your speakers when they come out with new versions. Its an amazing move.

On the Grills, if you want just the cloth, or if you would like a new set of Grills, call Ralph at Duracrest (they make all of the grill frames and provide the fabrics) for all of the current heritage, for something like 30+ years. He will sell you the exact same fabric that goes on the Klipsch Heritage. He should have in stock as they are using lambs wool on the 75th Anniversary Jubilee. If you don’t want to mess around with doing it yourself, or you want to keep the original grills, he will build you the grills the same as the originals.

Sorry you had to wait with no success on the upgrades. As amped mentioned, I have had quick response with a service ticket. I don’t know that they require S/N label information for those kits, but I’m sure it would speed things along. 

Give them the part number for the upgrade kit (In Roy’s post announcing the kit.

Travis

• Like 1

Just got a call from someone at Klipsch. Awesomeness.

I've sent along my serial numbers & hope to hear back soon. I'm still astounded that they make the upgrade available and it's a testament to the quality of the operation.

Edited by Junx
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Well this is ironic..... I called 1800klipsch yesterday around 11:30am needing advice on parts.

7 min wait time.  1st call on hold 37 min. 2nd call waited 42min, 3rd call on hold 22min., 4th call 17min. I dialed another number message said call back during normal business hours.

I was just mad as can be after that. 

This experience just might have changed my dedication and support to Klipsch. Frustrating to say the least.

Still run all my vintage klipsch to this day though.

34 minutes ago, Erik WithaK said:

Well this is ironic..... I called 1800klipsch yesterday around 11:30am needing advice on parts.

this is the busiest season of the year , klipsch are super overloaded with calls ,  you can reach  klipsch by email , fill the form , add the contact phone/email + the parts you're looking for  , and CS will get back to you , emails are treated in the order they were received  ,

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

5 hours ago, OO1 said:

this is the busiest season of the year , klipsch are super overloaded with calls ,  you can reach  klipsch by email , fill the form , add the contact phone/email + the parts you're looking for  , and CS will get back to you , emails are treated in the order they were received  ,

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I guess I'm old school. Talking direct with a technician over the phone you can explain better your concerns and needs.

Hope they get it straightened out. 

Edited by Erik WithaK
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Erik WithaK said:

7 min wait time.  1st call on hold 37 min. 2nd call waited 42min, 3rd call on hold 22min., 4th call 17min. I dialed another number message said call back during normal business hours.

I was just mad as can be after that. 

This experience just might have changed my dedication and support to Klipsch. Frustrating to say the least.

Still run all my vintage klipsch to this day though.

Unacceptable. Sorry Klipsch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Unacceptable. Sorry Klipsch. 

nope ,   if there are 50 CS agents taking calls and they have 1000  calls coming in due to the Holiday season   , there's only so many hands to go around    ,