Chick Corea R.I.P. 1941-2021

dirtmudd

Sad news indeed.  Years ago, in the basement of Johnny Johnson, a friend I met through audio (I sold him an amp and built him a pair of Speakerlab 7s), introduced me to Chick Corea, as well as many more Jazz and R&B greats.  I miss Johnny, and now mourn the passing of Chick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Sad news indeed.  Years ago, in the basement of Johnny Johnson, a friend I met through audio (I sold him an amp and built him a pair of Speakerlab 7s), introduced me to Chick Corea, as well as many more Jazz and R&B greats.  I miss Johnny, and now mourn the passing of Chick.

Johnny Johnson, the great R&B piano player? Loved him and saw him a bunch of times in NYC. “The baddest left hand in the business”said Keith Richards. 

As to the passing of Chick Corea, another great contributor to the American art form that is jazz has left the stage. RIP.

17 hours ago, RT FAN said:

Johnny Johnson, the great R&B piano player? Loved him and saw him a bunch of times in NYC. “The baddest left hand in the business”said Keith Richards. 

As to the passing of Chick Corea, another great contributor to the American art form that is jazz has left the stage. RIP.

My friend  was a retired GM employee, not a great R&B piano player.  Listening to music using the Dynaco amplifier and preamp through Speakerlab 7s, all of which I assembled for Johnny, exposed me to Jazz and R&B that was beyond my suburban experience.