Any Knife guys?

Foxman

A local blacksmith I know named Liam Hoffman makes some pretty nice knives although axes are his bread and butter.

He just made this Persian inspired knife.

One piece forged to finish with a T spine, heirloom fit giraffe bone scales and domed silver pins.

it sold almost immediately for $7,150.

15C55510-FF8B-42C6-A187-773267C16E7E.png.d44986869f30a80d46600ee13ed9f43c.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2022 at 5:56 AM, CaptGreg said:

Yes, you do! About a 5yr wait but I have a run around. They really are fantastic knives. My big game fillet knife is a work of art

Do you make them? I might need to get on that list if they aren't too crazy expensive.

Been there, done that.....   Once upon a time my father owned a restaurant supply business. I have Swiss, German, Japanese, all kinds of knives for all kinds of purposes....  from tactical to  culinary.

Stop the madness, Cutco has you covered in the kitchen and the BBQ.....  even fishing too.  Excellent knives, and they'll sharpen for you when it gets to that point, which will likely be alot longer than you think.

https://www.cutco.com/

• Like 1

Speaking of Cutco, 3rd down.  The bottom two knives in the pic are my go to knives and basically use them for almost everything.  The top one is from Victorinox and is there just for scale. It is an 8" chef knife, with a blade height of 2" at the base.  I'm not a fan of that style and rarely use it. The Cutco serrated knife was sent to me about a year ago, after the previous ones tip broke off after 25 years of service. I sent it in and Cutco replaced it for free. 👍 It cuts through everything.  The middle knife came from Amazon, I dig it and have always loved that style of blade.  A very fine edge at an incredibly reasonable price too. Out of Thailand-Kiwi.   

unnamed.jpg

59 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Stop the madness, Cutco has you covered in the kitchen and the BBQ.....  even fishing too.  Excellent knives, and they'll sharpen for you when it gets to that point, which will likely be alot longer than you think.

I believe I still have a Cutco paring knife that my mother had. The tip is broken... I should send it in to them It is at least 55 years old. I sure don't have paperwork on it, but that probably wouldn't matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

I believe I still have a Cutco paring knife that my mother had. The tip is broken... I should send it in to them It is at least 55 years old. I sure don't have paperwork on it, but that probably wouldn't matter.

True, no paper work needed. Just call them up, get shipping directions and you're good to go.

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Their good people. Never a complaint. They stand by their products.

Being 55yrs, just about qualifies as entry level heirloom, and me being an old sentimental fool, I'd likely wanna keep it.

I'm pretty sure that was the only one she bought, too. My father was a civics teach in a small town in central Illinois. He taught  driver ed in the summer and was the ONLY coach, for football, basketball, track, cross country, baseball. In the summer my  parents would work on a farm detasselling corn. It was only 3/4 mile to school, and I walked there in 2nd and 3rd grade, opposite side of town.

On 3/30/2022 at 5:20 PM, Shiva said:

Is that  dirk from Durkadurkastan?🤔

Randall calls their version an Arkansas Toothpick. I think I have 7 and am not sure which is my favorite. They all match with maple handles and similar spacers. But yes, that dirk is pretty mean. The edge is unbelievable

Edited by CaptGreg
more info
  • Like 1