Rectilinear ad from 1973

boom3

Always liked their ads, although I never heard the legendary and well-reviewed Model III, designed by James Bongiorno, also famed for GAS and Sumo designs (I use his Electra II preamp). He was generous with his time  and while alive, would answer questions on the Yahoo Sumo/GAS forum.

I don't recall his opinions on Klipsch products. The little alien in the center of the ad is my fave. Recognizable in this mage are the Ohm Model A, the Great Heil and the original Quad ESL.

Rectilinear ad 1973.pdf

• Like 2

5 hours ago, boom3 said:

Always liked their ads, although I never heard the legendary and well-reviewed Model III, designed by James Bongiorno, also famed for GAS and Sumo designs (I use his Electra II preamp). He was generous with his time  and while alive, would answer questions on the Yahoo Sumo/GAS forum.

I don't recall his opinions on Klipsch products. The little alien in the center of the ad is my fave. Recognizable in this mage are the Ohm Model A, the Great Heil and the original Quad ESL.

Rectilinear ad 1973.pdf 117.57 kB · 18 downloads

The Rectilinear III in both the high and low versions was my most popular speaker.  I can’t count how many I sold back in that time period.  The plant manager lived in my neighborhood and gave me really good pricing.  That aside, they were truly wonderful sounding speakers (although a very different sonic presentation from horn types).  I sold mine about 30 years ago and have regretted doing so ever since.  

Maynard