Amplifier Recommendation for Heresy IV

jeg753

I am close to making a purchase of Heresy IV speakers and was looking for some amplifier  advice (good quality and fairly priced).  I am leaning towards NAD M10 since it incorporates streaming support.  Look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeg753 said:

I am close to making a purchase of Heresy IV speakers and was looking for some amplifier  advice (good quality and fairly priced).  I am leaning towards NAD M10 since it incorporates streaming support.  Look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts...

I bet that NAD is nice and am very fond of NAD gear, but I really don't think you "need" to spend anywhere close to that amount to get quality sound and feature set.

This Yamaha network stereo receiver gets very high praise for sound quality, feature set, and affordability.

https://www.adorama.com/ymrn803bl.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImLiP5tHk7gIVRcyzCh2-fA1aEAQYBCABEgJHE_D_BwE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImLiP5tHk7gIVRcyzCh2-fA1aEAQYBCABEgJHE_D_BwE&utm_source=adl-gbase-p

Bill

2 hours ago, jeg753 said:

How large is the room ?

How much room do you have for the amp

are you space limited

What is your budget

Which amp do you already own, other gear, laptop PC that is laying around ?

Do you stream today, with what ?

On 2/12/2021 at 7:43 AM, jeg753 said:

I like the Yamaha A-S   series ,  expensive but worth it  for the longer run ----extremely reliable -

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2021 at 9:20 AM, Ceptorman said:

This Cambridge Audio was recommended by someone else on here, it looks like a terrific all in one unit, 60 wpc class AB, improved dac, bluetooth....https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxa61

I have the previous series, but the upscale model, the CXA-80. It works pretty well with my Klipsch. 

• Like 1