Receiver in Direct- or Audyssey corrected mode

JefDC

For many months I have been 'appreciative' listening to my system (see below in the +Signature section) - appreciative because I don't like the term 'critical listening, IMO it conveys the wrong message).

I wonder what your experiences are regarding in 'Direct-' or 'Audyssey corrected' mode.

For music (2.0):
Personally I notice that in Direct mode the speakers have some coloration mainly noticeable with voices but the overall sound; dynamics and especially the sound stage is better than Audyssey corrected.
With Audyssey  the coloration disappears but sound stage changes is less 'clear'.

For movies(5.0.4)
The Audyssey corrected mode gives a more coherent sound and is much preffered over manual adjusted parameters.

Is this my imagination or are others noticing this as well.
Note: these are subtle differences - both modes are perfectly enjoyable.

• Like 1

It is a Denon AVR-X4300H.

I think that you must enable 'Signatures' in your 'Account Settings' to see them.

Copy of my Signature:

XTZ a2-300 amplifier powering RP-8060FA front speakers

Denon AVR-X4300H receiver powering a RP-404C center speaker - RP-240S surround speakers - RP-500SA ATMOS speakers and the ATMOS speakers in the RP-8060FA

• Like 1